PDA

View Full Version : wiring

misty
8th December 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi All
just toying around at the moment with this
has any one any idea of the wiring /cables to use ie on a 3 pin 240 volt household plug you have 3 wires approx 3mm thick. what thickness and voltage should be used on the roadster so i can buy miles of red and blue and green well you know what i mean
hope you can help
many thanks

flyerncle
8th December 2010, 07:19 PM
Probably more trouble than its saving you in the long run trying to sort out which wire is which,8 core min 10 core is better.

misty
8th December 2010, 08:01 PM
thanks any particular thickness?

eSteve
8th December 2010, 08:42 PM
misty,

your opening post is a little imprecise and it suggests you are looking for a simple straight-forward answer to an involved aspect of the build.

Suggest you have a search around the Internet there are many resources to help you out with planning your wiring. For example, have a look here:

http://www.constructorscarclub.org.nz/Articles/wiringpart1.html

for a 'How to wire your car' primer. Part 5 covers wire sizes and may give you some answers.

I hope you have already had a look round our site. If so you should have come across a very good thread in the summer with a thorough wiring diagram and (possible) wire sizes, by davidmurray.

There's plenty of information out there...

Hope that helps.

JHewitt
9th December 2010, 08:36 AM
Steve, that link leads to some very handy info, that I am sure will help anyone wiring their car from stratch, I have basic electronic skills and this would help any novice, so thankyou for that I am sure will come in handy for many builders.
Personally I am hoping to transfer my wiring from the donor to try and keep it as simple as possible.

eSteve
10th December 2010, 10:17 AM
misty,

did the link I provided help to answer your 'thickness' query?

misty
12th December 2010, 08:19 AM
sorry im late in answering YES all sorted now

many thanks