PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel

misty
19th December 2010, 05:43 PM
has anyone any idea what is the legal size of the smallest steering wheel or is there any?

spud69
19th December 2010, 06:31 PM
As far as i can remember Misty there isn't one. All it says is that it must have a padded centre. I think the only relevant one says that "the steering must operate smoothly from lock to lock without undue stiffness" smaller the wheel the stiffer it is.

Sit to be corrected......;)

AndyH

flyerncle
19th December 2010, 08:57 PM
Dont think you are allowed holes in the spokes either.

misty
19th December 2010, 10:54 PM
many thanks to all

David_17
9th February 2011, 07:56 PM
Anyone got ideas on how to 'pad' a wheel for iva?

flyerncle
9th February 2011, 08:29 PM
Use original Sierra and change later.;)

mark
10th February 2011, 08:07 PM
Anyone got ideas on how to 'pad' a wheel for iva?

As Paul says use sierra wheel and then change afterwards, its one less thing to worry about on your iva test, the sierra wheels aways seem to go through no probs

If i remember right you didnt have donor, so if you need a sierra wheel let me know as i have my old one, free if you want it and im only 5mins from your build

Tilly819
10th February 2011, 09:02 PM
i got same hard rubber cut it to shame, rapped in vynel leather cloth then attached with Velcro, my tester said it has to be shore 50 or higher IIRC

hope this helps
tilly

fabbyglass
15th February 2011, 12:49 PM
Can't you just use the Sierra wheel anymore then? It's much hugeness lets you have all manner of spikey things as long as they are within the radius tested so a massive wheel lets you get away with more.....at least it used to:confused:

But then how do you manage to smack yer noggin on a steering wheel while you are wearing a harness....bit daft if you ask me unless you have a go go gadget head:D