PDA

View Full Version : motor bike wing mirrors

Talonmotorsport
20th December 2010, 07:57 PM
Has any body used bike wing mirrors and passed IVA with them? I need some mirrors with long stalks that have some height and a fair amout of reach.
I may have shot my self in the foot with my roll bar stays, I'm not running them rearwards I've run them from the vertical part of the roll bar forwards to the bottom of U4+5. The 'stays' now act as side impact bars and roll bar bracing in one. The problem is to clear your elbows I've put a 15' bend in them just above the wheel arch at 45' so they're 200mm from cp11.

fabbyglass
20th December 2010, 09:46 PM
Fireblade mirrors are the ones most folk use

Talonmotorsport
20th December 2010, 10:01 PM
Ah thanks Mark, have just spent 30mins looking at every type of bike mirror listed on ebay. Also came across a few that have the side repeater as well, you just know they're not going to be 'E' marked though :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390207723634&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

fabbyglass
20th December 2010, 10:05 PM
Check gixxer 600 and thou mirrors as they have ticktoos in them and may well be e marked

tkpm
21st December 2010, 12:14 AM
and the GSX-R 1000 have them too

Check gixxer 600 and thou mirrors as they have ticktoos in them and may well be e marked

AshG
21st December 2010, 12:48 AM
I have got bike mirrors on mine they are gsxr ones I think. They don't need to be emarked they just have to pass the field of view test. Watch out for cheap copies as they don't have convex glass in them which significantly reduces your rear view meaning you will find it near impossible to pass iva.

So to recap. Get bike mirrors make sure the glass is convex, proper bike manufacturers stuff should be convex as its a European requirement on newer motor bikes.

fabbyglass
21st December 2010, 12:17 PM
and the GSX-R 1000 have them too

That be what I said when I wrote..."thou" don't yer know:)

tkpm
21st December 2010, 04:35 PM

My apologies Fabby missed the word thou :rolleyes:

Terry

fabbyglass
21st December 2010, 09:55 PM
Don't be daft no need to apologise, I should for writing gobbledeegook.:)

les g
22nd December 2010, 11:24 PM

its cuz he,s lived in Cornwall for tooooo! long
ignor him :D
cheers les g

ps when you coming back

fabbyglass
22nd December 2010, 11:30 PM
never left......:confused:

les g
22nd December 2010, 11:41 PM
never left......:confused:

perhaps not in mind but definitely in body
cheers les g

fabbyglass
22nd December 2010, 11:50 PM
My name is arnie dont yer know....;)

ayjay
5th January 2011, 10:49 PM
I guess the user name gives a bit of a clue to what hes good at!!

AshG
5th January 2011, 11:32 PM
I guess the user name gives a bit of a clue to what hes good at!!

and the fact that the bloke has done the body work for mac1, gts, roadster to name but a few :D all the resin fumes have messed up his head over the years

fabbyglass
6th January 2011, 03:44 PM
and the fact that the bloke has done the body work for mac1, gts, roadster to name but a few :D all the resin fumes have messed up his head over the years

Voices are the biggest problem, new years doodah is not to listen to them anymore:confused:

baz-r
13th January 2011, 03:00 PM
not sure about the convex glass bit but a co. called m&p are realy good for pattern motorbike parts of any form from chains, tyres, lights, mirrors
do almost everything and i have only had good service form them