PDA

View Full Version : Megajolt connector pins

mark
9th January 2011, 08:12 PM
When i wired up my megajolt for the cvh i only installed the wires that i needed into the connector that plugs into the megajolt

I have almost finished my engine swap now but i need to add an extra wire into the megajolt to activate the vvt solenoid

The problem is i cant find any of the little pins that it came with that you need to add the wires into the connector

I think they are called molex connectors?

I ordered some off ebay but they are to big and the only ones i could find in maplin were also too big, i think they are the ones you would find in a pc

So does anyone know where to get them from or anyone have some lying around that they could send me in the post if i cover the postage

mikemph
9th January 2011, 08:58 PM
Normal there spare ports which you can configure to output a signal when certain conditions are met.

For example you could get the vvt to operate when rpm>3000 and tps>50% that way the vvt will not be kicking everytimethe revs get over 3000. But will when you give half throttle and revs go over 3000

This purely an example but is a good method to set it up something like this. You could use calculated load instead of throttle position.

mikemph
9th January 2011, 09:34 PM
Try searching for mini timer sockets/plugs

http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=130<---- like these maybe

wylliezx9r
9th January 2011, 10:20 PM
Hi, mate
Find out the part number of the connector and i'll get you some as we use them in work. I'm guessing that its either a mini or micro molex connector (mini are usually white in color, micro usually black). Find out and I will pop some in an envelope to you.

All the best Dan

mark
9th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Mark I do not have the connectors, but I believe these are the connectors used on mine
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6795808#header and the sockets are http://uk.rs-online.com/web/2155887.html

It may not help but I know you can order from them or Farnell, or perhaps someone else can assist.

Adrian

Thats the ones, just dont need a bag of 100!

mark
9th January 2011, 10:24 PM
Normal there spare ports which you can configure to output a signal when certain conditions are met.

For example you could get the vvt to operate when rpm>3000 and tps>50% that way the vvt will not be kicking everytimethe revs get over 3000. But will when you give half throttle and revs go over 3000

This purely an example but is a good method to set it up something like this. You could use calculated load instead of throttle position.

I was just going to set it at a certain rpm limit but that sounds a better option to use load or tps aswell

mark
9th January 2011, 10:26 PM
Hi, mate
Find out the part number of the connector and i'll get you some as we use them in work. I'm guessing that its either a mini or micro molex connector (mini are usually white in color, micro usually black). Find out and I will pop some in an envelope to you.

All the best Dan

That would be great thanks, the connector is white in colour

I have sent you my address via pm

wylliezx9r
9th January 2011, 10:29 PM
Will get it sorted tomorrow.

Dan

mark
9th January 2011, 10:34 PM
Will get it sorted tomorrow.

Dan

Cheers Dan