PDA

View Full Version : Seats form midland

Kiwi car
15th January 2011, 01:15 AM
Hi
Has anyone bought the Mamba L7 cub sport seats from midland wheels if you have can you tell me what they were like.:)
I'm having trouble getting padded seats in NZ to fit would really love a set of cobra signature 7's but they are at the high budget end and the 300 pound shipping just kills it:(

ozzy1
15th January 2011, 07:53 AM
Doesnt answer your question but most people here use Gemini seats and get them narrowed and retrimmed for about $500 for the pair.

Enoch
15th January 2011, 10:44 AM
I used a pair of Midland seats in mine, not the same model but cheap seats from the same company. What I got was a pair of cheap seats that look ok, feel ok and will last for a couple of years, maybe a bit more - time will tell. I think they are fair value for money but you get what you pay for.

HandyAndy
15th January 2011, 12:54 PM
Hi
Has anyone bought the Mamba L7 cub sport seats from midland wheels if you have can you tell me what they were like.:)
I'm having trouble getting padded seats in NZ to fit would really love a set of cobra signature 7's but they are at the high budget end and the 300 pound shipping just kills it:(

I,ve used these seats from Midland, I think they are known as the Mamba Baby cub seats, As Enoch has said, they are very reasonably priced, the quality isn,t at the highest level but likewise, they will do for now , they are quite nice to sit in & with 4 Point harnesses on you don,t move around too much,
Tho I would eventually like a pair of Triton GRP seats, maybe due to the cost of shipping etc it might be wise & cost effective in the long term to get the seats you "Really Want" now.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/handyandy_photo/Haynes%20Roadster/kitcar210310008.jpg

cheers
andy

Kiwi car
15th January 2011, 08:01 PM
Hi guys thanks for your input it's hard to tell what something is like from a picture. Are the Triton seats as comfortable as they say because cost would be simular

John.W
22nd January 2011, 07:26 PM
The triton seats in andy's car look as thogh they are going to be uncomfortable but looks are deceiving. After Andy took me for a run out in his car I was very suprised, the seats are very comfortable and in conjunction with a good harness they hold you in position even when the car is being ragged through the north easts best country lanes.

Regards

John