PDA

View Full Version : Sierra column shroud?

jasongray5
3rd February 2011, 01:46 PM
I have 2 different versions? Neither fits?:confused:
I think I need one from a facelift mk2 Sierra, as the column came from a G reg 2.0 DOHC
I only need the top half? And would trade one of the other shrouds, or beer tokens, or a MT75 Gearbox?
Any one got one? Or any other Ideas on making the other ones fit?
Cheers again, Jas

ozzy1
3rd February 2011, 02:34 PM
Saturn were working on this scenario and making one to suit from fibreglass,dunno whats happened though as heard nothing else.Maybe worth contacting Handyandy or spud?

spud69
3rd February 2011, 04:35 PM
We did have a go at it Ozzy but it turned out too fiddly to be able to take a mold off adequately. Will give it another go though.

Andrew

carlknight1982
3rd February 2011, 04:47 PM
would be nice if you could make it take your kosho dash andy like the toniq does the with etb it think it is

spud69
3rd February 2011, 04:57 PM
would be nice if you could make it take your kosho dash andy like the toniq does the with etb it think it is

Seen that Carl, hoping to do something like that for the Mx-5 Dashbaord to incorporate it into a combined scuttle / dashboard giving the scuttle a built in areoscreen while using the Mx5 dash built into the scuttle / dash. Giving a shape similar to the MNR car. If you see what i mean......:confused:

Andrew

fabbyglass
3rd February 2011, 05:30 PM
I moulded the sierra column surround a few years ago, worked out well but not sure where the mould ended up as nobody wanted one back then as they came free with the donor...:confused:

twinturbo
3rd February 2011, 05:52 PM
I have 2 different versions? Neither fits?:confused:
I think I need one from a facelift mk2 Sierra, as the column came from a G reg 2.0 DOHC
I only need the top half? And would trade one of the other shrouds, or beer tokens, or a MT75 Gearbox?
Any one got one? Or any other Ideas on making the other ones fit?
Cheers again, Jas

Take a pic of what you have...

TT

Bonzo
3rd February 2011, 07:07 PM
Are you sure that you are not missing the little upper shroud mounting clip ( Just above the hazzard warning switch !!??

The shroud I sent home with you should fit.

That was one removed from a 91 2 litre Twin cam jobby ;)

As TT said, try & get a picture up :)

jasongray5
3rd February 2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah Ron I have that one of yours, and another I got out of a P100, they are the same, and then mine is different again? I have the little thingy, but it wont physically fit over the shaft?

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/DSCF0257.jpg

Mine is the one on the Right

twinturbo
3rd February 2011, 07:55 PM
I have the little thingy, but it wont physically fit over the shaft?

Ask at the chemist for XL.

TT

twinturbo
3rd February 2011, 07:57 PM
the one on the right is a stock MK2 none adjustable lower half.

Front left looks like a MK2 adjustable lower half

Rear left looks like a MK2 top and bottom.

What column do you have.

TT

fabbyglass
3rd February 2011, 08:02 PM
This part of a seven nearly always looks crap as the shroud doesn't meet up with the dash, a single tube with a steering wheel on the end of it with switches elsewhere looks far better

Bonzo
3rd February 2011, 08:03 PM
Bit of a mystery there Jas :confused:

Wish I was close enough to pop in & have a gander :(

I have no idea how many different types of column & shroud were used on the sierra !!

I'll keep an eye in the breakers mate, you never know, I might come across another complete Sierra steering assembly ;)

jasongray5
3rd February 2011, 08:11 PM
Ask at the chemist for XL.

TT

:D :D Quality!!

My donor came with the non adjustable shroud, so im guessing non adjustable?

jasongray5
3rd February 2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah it wouldnt be so bad if one of the other covers fitted it, but they dont, so hey ho. I do have the column out of the p100, but there is no key to get the barrel out of the ignition, and I really need the steering lock for IVA.

Fabby, didnt someone make their own shroud using a plastic sweet jar? Im sure it was Dogwood said he had?

alga
3rd February 2011, 10:09 PM
Seen that Carl, hoping to do something like that for the Mx-5 Dashbaord to incorporate it into a combined scuttle / dashboard giving the scuttle a built in areoscreen while using the Mx5 dash built into the scuttle / dash. Giving a shape similar to the MNR car. If you see what i mean......
GKD Legend did the same with a BMW cluster, works very well IMO:
http://www.gkdsportscars.com/slideshow/p028_0_3.jpg

Bonzo
3rd February 2011, 10:25 PM
I do have the column out of the p100, but there is no key to get the barrel out of the ignition, and I really need the steering lock for IVA.

Jas

I changed a Sierra lock the other day without the key ;)

Twated the little detent pin in with a pin punch. Prised the lock out of the housing slowly, slowly .... Once it was part way out, I was able to turn the lock assembly to the no 1 position & pull the rest out with ease :)

New lock just popped straight in as it should , jobs a good un :cool: