PDA

View Full Version : grp conversion?

jimmy
15th February 2011, 10:13 AM
hi, has anyone used a grp rear panel from saturn sports cars? if so what are the dimensions of the chassis conversion to fit? any advice? chears

jasongray5
15th February 2011, 10:57 AM
The way I did mine, was no support frame for the rear tub, then put it in place, have abit of a measure up, and then fabricate it to suit?
Dont know what others have done tho?
Hope that helps mate
Jas

fabbyglass
15th February 2011, 11:47 AM
I'm sure Andy at saturn has got a a drawing for the mod or do as Jason did(and me come to that..:D ) clamp the panel to the chassis and see where you need to be.

Andy_B
15th February 2011, 12:24 PM
http://www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=68

Saturn sports cars !!

spud69
15th February 2011, 12:40 PM
Hello Jimmy,

Good to see you last week, hope you enjoyed your trip out and you're getting on with the build.....;)

You dont need to buy the bits they are quite easy to fabricate and fit. Link below the thread that gives you all the dimensions and some pics.

Regards....Andrew

jimmy
15th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Hello Jimmy,

Good to see you last week, hope you enjoyed your trip out and you're getting on with the build.....;)

You dont need to buy the bits they are quite easy to fabricate and fit. Link below the thread that gives you all the dimensions and some pics.

Regards....Andrew

trip out was fantastic, didnt think anything with 4 wheels would ever put a smile on my face!!!!! my left coat sleeve was very dirty tho lol. yeh getting on wif the build slowly got 1 coat of paint left to do on those rear wishbones nd iv just got a set of fzr 600 carbs to pimp the sierra (if it will work)

jmh
12th April 2011, 07:54 PM
Quick question on a similar note.

If you already have a standard chassis in terms of the rear curved bars, will the Saturn rear panel still fit it?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

ozzy1
13th April 2011, 12:41 AM
I have this drawing saved from previous.;)

spud69
13th April 2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Jim,

the grp panel will fit over the curved frame but you will need to cut it and add a small section underneath the roll bar mounts at the top of the wheel arch. Aesthetically it is much better to make the mods shown earlier when fitting the rear panel and remove the curved rails.

The fuel tank will need altering with a tapered back to fit inside the panel.

Regards....Andrew

leroybrown911
13th April 2011, 07:33 PM
I have modified rear end for GRP tub also. Does anyone have any dimensions for fuel tank? I plan to bring the rear stays down same dimensions as book from the centre line of the chassis, but will locate on the rearmost rail, as do not have round tube as aluminium rear tubs do.

ozzy1
14th April 2011, 09:05 AM
I think this might be it.:confused:

spud69
14th April 2011, 09:45 AM
Yes that's the one.

Thanks Ozzy......Andrew

leroybrown911
14th April 2011, 07:42 PM
Excellent, thanks gents :D

MikeB
10th May 2011, 08:56 PM
guys just welding the grp conversion on but I can't find the diagram with dimensions to show the height off the build table for the rear most tube etc.
Coudlnt' see the link mentioned above.

Scrap that found it, lesson don't try to navigate a website on your Iphone thingy
Cheers

Mike

MikeB
10th May 2011, 09:22 PM
Ok the grp2 tubes I have from handy have a 5deg and 90 deg ends. The drawing attached seems to show they should both be 90. Help