PDA

View Full Version : Stripes.. yes or no??

David_17
23rd February 2011, 09:49 PM
Got my bonnet from Andy at Saturn last week, and i've stuck some stripes on (before i put the rubber edge trim on).

Can't decide if I should keep them or not, they're not as pink in person as they are in the pic. lol

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/David_17UK/Roadster/Photo0419.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/David_17UK/Roadster/Photo0405.jpg

Dave

Andy_B
23rd February 2011, 10:03 PM
Looks brilliant but I would have the stripes wider and down the sides like the r500 just my 2 bobs worth though

HandyAndy
23rd February 2011, 10:13 PM
Looking great David

There,s no flies on you is there ??? :D I was with Andy the day he made your bonnet...next thing, its on your car with stripes & even got the bonnet catches fitted :eek: quick work indeed .

I agree with Andy B, wider stripes & follow the theme of red stripes down the sides of the car, don,t need to be a cateringvan copy tho, just highlight the red elsewhere on the body....IMHO of course :)

I intend to have stripes on mine too :p

cheers
andy

ginger nutter
23rd February 2011, 10:56 PM
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/nik_cowles/copy.jpg

I had a quick play on photoshop was such a good pic :)

I like the stripes, i'd go wider too tho

adrianreeve
23rd February 2011, 11:14 PM
I like them! Maybe a little wider would be good, and carry them on to the bottom part of the nose cone. I'm doing the same in carbon fibre vinyl at the moment.

Cheers

Adrian

rapidtornado
23rd February 2011, 11:48 PM
I like it, looks good!

ozzy1
24th February 2011, 01:04 AM
Looks good. I think stripes are a personal thing really and not to everyones taste no matter how you do them.At least if its stuck on you or the new owner should you sell have the option to remove them easily.

CaptainCrash1971
24th February 2011, 09:02 AM
Definitely yes with the stripes, looking very good. Wider might look better, but I like em the way they are. Definitely makes me want a white car now, have toyed with every colour under the sun, but do like the look of it in white.
Think mine'll have blue striped tho :)

spud69
24th February 2011, 09:45 AM
I'm afraid i have to agree David, twin stripes do look nice but i think they need to be wider.

Andrew

Deanno
24th February 2011, 03:05 PM
I agree wider.

looks great

flyerncle
24th February 2011, 06:52 PM
Looks ace,I think we have just found the right stripe combination for the TeamTrain/Saturn race car as it's white too and will be red/white and blue.

old_bill
24th February 2011, 07:16 PM
keep the stripes
looks good :)

skov
25th February 2011, 07:32 AM
Stripes rock!
Got to agree on the width though, I think about double that width would look best.
Mine will definitely be striped :cool:

TheArf
26th February 2011, 02:02 PM
I am thinking of stripes on mine but my plan is for Ford pepper red with two wide silver stripes and two thinner ones running parralel bit like the Cobra stripes just not sure how wide will experiment laying out tape when the time comes

monsterob
26th February 2011, 08:36 PM
id say personally its your car so only you should make the decision. they look ok i was going to do mine white till i saw yours in white and changed my mind only because youve done it :p and the fact it will look to alike with the r500.

what has your mrs said ? find the answer and do the opposite :D