PDA

View Full Version : roll over bars supply or group buy

baz-r
4th March 2011, 12:47 PM
roll over bars where can i get one from or if i was to get some made would any one want one? as im sure its easyer for them to make more than one
also need some of thoes plates to fix it to the top of the rear suspension mounts

Talonmotorsport
4th March 2011, 01:44 PM
See if you can twist the arm of AshG on here as he has run 2-3 group buys for roll bars that are 50mm dia with 3mm wall. The biggest tube I can currently bend is 42mm dia with 3mm wall.

baz-r
4th March 2011, 04:03 PM
poped in my local engineering firm and thay can make some but would be 48mm tube with a 3.2 wall and have 170mm radius not 175mm.
cant see any problems with that. anyone?
going to give me a quote for 1,5&10

Lotusrk
4th March 2011, 06:55 PM
Hi, When I built a sprint car for Pikes Peak I had John Wells bend up my bar using (at his suggestion) 43 mm dia., 3 mm wall thickness (aprox), Drawn over Mandrel (DOM). The governing body of the PPHCA deems this as a suitable substitute for chrome molly tubing and it is considerably cheaper. I can't comment on weight, it might be heavier.

tkpm
4th March 2011, 07:07 PM
Baz, i have a spare roll bar and some of the mounting brackets if your interested for £50 p+p, if your not in to much of a hurry i can deliver them for free in about two / three weeks or you can collect them.

I also have back stays if your having an ally rear tub

Terry

baz-r
5th March 2011, 12:15 PM
whats the crack you get 1 extra made or you change your mind :)
pm me the details on what exactly you have spare as im possibly intersted could even pick up if you want :D

tkpm
5th March 2011, 03:23 PM
I had one of Ash's roll bars, then i went to do a job for one of my old customers. Turns out that he was building a locost, and had bought a roll bar for that. But it turned out to be the wrong one for him as it was made for the haynes roadster.

Will pop down my workshop tonight and make a list of all the brackets that are with the rollbar.

Terry