PDA

View Full Version : IVA- 297 Pages...... Done!!

bertie_bas205
17th March 2011, 04:11 PM
I have just finished reading the Iva Test manual.... Alot to take in but most of it is normal MOT/common sense stuff....

Some of the wording is a bit tricky but all in all not too bad...

Bertie.

P.s, remind me of this if mine fails the IVA test....!!

stan1
18th March 2011, 05:33 AM
you would,nt think we,de do that do you

AshG
18th March 2011, 08:36 AM
i virtually memorised it for mine. :D

bertie_bas205
18th March 2011, 10:52 AM
So after IVA what happens then? DVLA??

Bertie.

AshG
18th March 2011, 11:35 AM
iva it get the pass certificate then fill out all the dvla forms and take the whole lot down to your local dvla office. some will do the registration while you wait others will want to inspect the car for the chassis numbers then send the reg out.

i did hear that vosa were going to start checking the engine and chassis numbers on behalf of the dvla to save have having an inspection at the dvla office but i dont know if it ever happened.

gus
18th March 2011, 02:24 PM
I posted my paperwork to both VOSA & DVLA at the same time. My car never had to be inspected by DVLA as they took the certificate issued by VOSA as proof of having had the chassis & engine numbers checked.

bertie_bas205
19th March 2011, 10:59 AM
Cheers for that...

Its not all straight forward is it?????

Bertie.

axle
23rd March 2011, 03:17 PM
iva it get the pass certificate then fill out all the dvla forms and take the whole lot down to your local dvla office. some will do the registration while you wait others will want to inspect the car for the chassis numbers then send the reg out.

i did hear that vosa were going to start checking the engine and chassis numbers on behalf of the dvla to save have having an inspection at the dvla office but i dont know if it ever happened.

So when does the car gets its MOT?

james3004
23rd March 2011, 04:16 PM
AFAIK it doesn't need one for 3 years as the iva covers it and it is classes as a new car

axle
24th March 2011, 08:32 AM
That would be case for the car if all the parts were new, but if if 2nd hand parts were used from a donner car then you still need the MOT. please correct me if I am wrong?

Ashtonr
24th March 2011, 01:18 PM
I built and IVA'd a car last year built from a mix of new and secondhand parts and never need a MOT at registration they just sent out the tax disc

axle
24th March 2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for clearing that up!!!!!!!!