PDA

View Full Version : Alternator

jason
6th April 2011, 03:35 PM
Hi All.

I am using the V6 for my build. I can't see any way of fitting the original alternator into the space. Does anyone know where i can get a small one from please?

mark
6th April 2011, 06:06 PM
I used a denso alternator from a diahatsu (not sure how its spelt!)

Also fitted to a few other models too apparently

Normally a few on ebay if you type in nippon denso alternator

Not much bigger than a decent size mug and it powers the roadsters needs easily

I got mine from a scrappy for £20 but had to take it off a minature 4x4 which was a pain i moved lots of things out of the way with a big hammer!

Edited to say they arent cheap, unless you get them from the scrappy!!

Bonzo
6th April 2011, 06:33 PM
Hi Jason

Here's a picture of the Nippon Denso alternator :)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/Bonzoronnie/densoalternator001-1.jpg

As you can see, it's tiny, Ideal if you don't want to spend megga bucks on a racing one which probably wouldn't be much smaller of lighter ;)

As Mark said, this one came off a Daihatsu Fourtrack, same one is fitted to the Daihatsu Sportrack as well as other models made by Daihatsu.

You'll also find them on many Jap built vehicles.

mark
6th April 2011, 09:22 PM
Nice one Ronnie, you must have an immense collection of photographs, i make a size comparison to a mug and half an hour later you have a pic posted :D

They call people who live in spuds neck of the woods monkey hangers............................. got any pics?!!! :D

Bonzo
6th April 2011, 09:31 PM
Errm yes .... But it would probably be deleted by forum admin :D :D :D

Perhaps I have the wrong image in mind :o

Spikehaus
6th April 2011, 09:56 PM
Hi All.

I am using the V6 for my build. I can't see any way of fitting the original alternator into the space. Does anyone know where i can get a small one from please?

Is that the Cologne V6? If so I have already solved that issue. Have a look at my build pics.:) The alternator is the easy bit to sort, its the fuel injection that will give you a challenge!:)

ozzy1
7th April 2011, 01:24 PM
A popular option here is the starter motor from a forklift,although you would probably need to compare them side by side for mounting points.

SeriesLandy
7th April 2011, 06:56 PM
A popular option here is the starter motor from a forklift,although you would probably need to compare them side by side for mounting points.

I wouldn't go the forklift route, the one on mine at work just cost £570 to replace.