PDA

View Full Version : VIN letter - Strange Response?

james3004
15th April 2011, 04:41 PM
Sent a modified copy of Ash's letter to Peterborough DVLA and got the following response:confused:

I presume i use the number and ignore the letter?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ZVHturbo18/vin1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ZVHturbo18/vin2.jpg

DaddyA
15th April 2011, 04:46 PM
James,

had the same sent to me, that will be your vin number to stamp into the chassis and ID Plate:) . Keep the form, i'm sure he signed it at the IVA station, then it goes with all the other gumf for registration application.

james3004
15th April 2011, 04:47 PM
That would make sense then if they sign it at the IVA:) :)

spud69
15th April 2011, 05:55 PM
Strange response as they do the final inspection anyway to check your numbers and donor parts.....:confused:

Andrew

leroybrown911
15th April 2011, 06:47 PM
Strange response, not what they sent me. I would stamp the new number and carry on regardless. ps keep the letter.

flyerncle
15th April 2011, 07:02 PM
Looks like the numbers they used to issue to re-shelled and Q cars.

Would be interesting to see if you had it stamped at local garage and signed, if they sent you a log book.

steve8274
15th April 2011, 09:47 PM
hi
i was under the impression that you could make up your own chassis number as long as it was 17 digits long.
is this wrong? not got round to stamping mine yet but dont want to do it wrong.
i had figured on using my initials, dob, start and finish date of build.
thanks for advice.
hope im not hijacking post
steve

james3004
16th April 2011, 12:47 PM
Haven't had a dvla inspection or anything, just thought It'd be better to get a VIN now, cos I can see it being awkward to stamp it on the chassis when it has all the engine in and bodywork on etc

deezee
16th April 2011, 06:16 PM
James, I had the same style letter (also used the template from Ash). Must just be some generic response that they have. I stamped the number and just assume the VOSA man at IVA will sign it off. DVLA are pretty simple folk and writing a proper response is a little beyond them :D

twinturbo
16th April 2011, 08:53 PM
Try ringing them. The automated menu is about 40 levels deep with 5 options on every level and never an option to speak to a human being.

TT