PDA

View Full Version : Massive Massive Thanks Due

AshG
30th April 2011, 07:18 AM
Have to own up. been out on a mutiple day road trip around the country prior to stoneleigh this week. yesterday i had a little hickup and clipped my back wheel on a curb at 50+ Mph. i was stuck on the side of the road with a bent hub carrier an a wonky wheel.

just by pure blind stupid idiotic luck without even realizing i had done it 15miles down the road from Saturn on the moors.

to cut a long story short i called spud who said get it recovered to the Saturn unit. he dropped what he was doing for the day and opened up for me.

got to the unit to be greeted by handy andy spud and mark. they jacked the car up and had the wheel off in 30 seconds to reveal i had well and truly bent the hub carrier. buy some fluke i hadnt bent the chassis or the wishbones, we checked them in the saturn jigs and they were perfect.

spud didn't have a new hub carrier made in stock so him and handy andy decided to make me a new one there and then

two hours later the car was fixed and i was on my way again. if it hadn't of been for andy and spud it would have been the end of my trip and i would have been going home on a low loader.

cheers guys i will be forever grateful you really saved the day

kj71
30th April 2011, 08:18 AM
Now thats service, good lads eh?

Spikehaus
30th April 2011, 08:30 AM
Now thats service, good lads eh?

We got a good bunch in the Haynes Forum, a kind off unoffical RAC network of garages and workshops.

Great work guys !

Eternal
30th April 2011, 09:00 AM
Wow fantastic work guys. Great to see people working together! Big respect remind me to give you lads a beer later tonight!

K4KEV
30th April 2011, 09:36 AM
This does not surprise me in the least.....if someone farted in a lift ....spud would have a spare gas mask to lend you:D :D
same with Handy and Mark ....bend over backwards to help peeps.... makes me feel proud to be a NERD:eek:

twinturbo
30th April 2011, 09:46 AM
This does not surprise me in the least.....if someone farted in a lift ....spud would have a spare gas mask to lend you:D :D
same with Handy and Mark ....bend over backwards to help peeps.... makes me feel proud to be a NERD:eek:

Reminds me, I need some Boiler advice.... PM To Spud..

If anyone ever has an issue in north Cumbria. Then get hold of me and I will by North Cumbria HRAC

TT

TheArf
30th April 2011, 10:00 AM
Once again cracking service from the guys, seems to me like Ashg may be an incident looking for somewhere to happen

Arfon

les g
30th April 2011, 01:04 PM
Astounding...
well done guys
cheers les g

David_17
30th April 2011, 02:28 PM
Spud was telling me about this today. Glad you all got it sorted for Stoneleigh.

monsterob
30th April 2011, 07:47 PM
we all know these lot are superstars

pat on the backs and beers all round me thinks but ash you say 50+ hope it was less than 60 as you were on hmrt ;)

all that power ? have anything to do with it ?
:D