PDA

View Full Version : This forum

Neil P
2nd April 2007, 12:43 AM
Chris,

are we able to put avatars on here, or is that something for the future? Also quite like the photo archive feature like the one on the locost builders forum. It would be interesting to see what people are doing and what sort of progress is being made (I could show you my bog stock Sierra in its death throes and a pile of steel at the moment, but I'm sure that will change).

I was interested to see the Sierra owners club in the links section.

The club offers it's members discounts on diverse products from Aeroquip hoses to body panels to Insurance; there are shows that link up with other marque's owners clubs around the country and, most importantly, the club is a place for like-minded individuals to get together and share ideas and help one-another keep their future classic's on the road.

I'm sure there's loads of useful stuff in there for us but they probably see you as the anti-christ!:D :D :D :D

Chris Gibbs
2nd April 2007, 04:14 PM
I don't know Neil, at least we're saving some of the Sierra!

When I built my Locost Someone from the Cortina Owners Club got in touch to say that I had the fourth production Mark 4 Cortina, and could I send them some pictures. Ooooops!!

At that point it was cut into bits for the scrapman!!

I'm not sure about tha avatar thing or the photo archive, if Admin are reading perhaps they could let us know?

cheers

Chris:)

Chris Gibbs
6th April 2007, 07:23 PM
Hi Neil,

I managed to put the Roadster as my avatar, click on "user cp" top left.

On the next page click "edit avatar" on the left and then "use custom avatar" You can then either link from an online picture or upload one from your computer - there's an 80 x 80 pixel limit.

Cheers

Neil P
6th April 2007, 10:31 PM
Aha, so you did!

I'll have to see if I can find something as worthy to go on mine. ;)

Cheers

Neil

Neil P
6th April 2007, 10:45 PM
No go for us mere mortals. Must be due to your super moderator status. It doesn't allow any options once I go into the edit avatar part. The only thing it shows is not to allow avatars and this is selected by default, hey ho.:(

Cheers
Neil

Chris Gibbs
7th April 2007, 03:44 PM
We'll have to wait for Admin then!

Cheers

administrator1
11th April 2007, 10:36 AM
Chris,

are we able to put avatars on here, or is that something for the future? Also quite like the photo archive feature like the one on the locost builders forum. It would be interesting to see what people are doing and what sort of progress is being made (I could show you my bog stock Sierra in its death throes and a pile of steel at the moment, but I'm sure that will change).

I was interested to see the Sierra owners club in the links section.

I'm sure there's loads of useful stuff in there for us but they probably see you as the anti-christ!:D :D :D :D

Avatars are enabled on this forum. Please let us know if you have any problems adding yours and I'll see if Admin can help.

Neil P
11th April 2007, 12:06 PM
Edit Avatar
Your Current Avatar - No Avatar Specified. Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

This is what I get when I go to Edit Avatar. I couldn't get it to a screen print to insert exactly as it appears but the Do not use an avatar line has a check box to its left. It is the only option to appear and is selected by default. I cannot uncheck it and there is no option to use a custom avatar.

I notice Chris's is the only avatar at the moment. Has anyone else tried doing it? I can't get it to work.:o

Neil

MightyMouth
11th April 2007, 12:48 PM
Edit Avatar
Your Current Avatar - No Avatar Specified. Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

This is what I get when I go to Edit Avatar. I couldn't get it to a screen print to insert exactly as it appears but the Do not use an avatar line has a check box to its left. It is the only option to appear and is selected by default. I cannot uncheck it and there is no option to use a custom avatar.

I notice Chris's is the only avatar at the moment. Has anyone else tried doing it? I can't get it to work.:o

Neil

Avatars are turned on but it looks like you must have higher user rights to use then which is why chris can use them but we cannot. I get the same as you BTW

Chris Gibbs
11th April 2007, 01:46 PM
We'll try to sort it out.

I AM special though.

:D :D

cheers