PDA

View Full Version : Side repeaters

Peter-C
7th July 2011, 07:50 PM
Hi,

I was just about to fit the repeaters to the scuttle and decided to check that this was ok. I was looking through an article in February 2011 Kitcar magazine about GBSC Zero and IVA. It said that there is a new change, that side mounted indicators must now be mounted onto the outer edge of the cycle wings instead of the side of the bodywork.

Can anyone shed any light ('scuse the pun) on this as I can't see anything in the IVA manual.

Cheers

Peter

mark
7th July 2011, 07:56 PM
I cant remember the actual bumf from the iva manual as mine was over a year ago now, but you are correct, its something to do with angles of visability from the rear

Outer edges of front or rear wings are the common safe bet for positioning to satisfy mr iva

The outer most edge of the wing mirrors would be a good place too

Peter-C
7th July 2011, 07:58 PM
Hi Mark,

I'm confused because it appears the majority now fit them on the scuttle.

Cheers

Peter

Spikehaus
7th July 2011, 08:04 PM
I have placed mine on the scuttle as I felt this was the best place visually, however I also purchased some tiny side repeaters from kit spares for the cycle wings to keep the IVA man happy

mark
7th July 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi Mark,

I'm confused because it appears the majority now fit them on the scuttle.

Cheers

Peter

It is common for them to be fitted on the scuttle as high up as possible, this is how i had mine but they were "only just" visible to the requirements

It seems more common for people to fit them into the edges of the wings for a definate pass

If you look at david17 recent thread "passed passed passed" you can see them on his rear wings in the photo which seems a common location

mark
7th July 2011, 08:52 PM
I have placed mine on the scuttle as I felt this was the best place visually, however I also purchased some tiny side repeaters from kit spares for the cycle wings to keep the IVA man happy

Make sure the ones on the scuttle conform too as both sets will be tested if fitted, even if the cycle wing repeaters are within spec it can still fail if the ones on the scuttle arent

Peter-C
7th July 2011, 08:56 PM
It looks like cycle wings only then. I may fit the scuttle ones later.

Cheers

Peter

Peter-C
14th September 2011, 04:49 PM
Has anyone fitted them to the cycle wings and if so what is wiring path from body to wing i.e does it follow wishbone or headlight bracket ?

Cheers

Peter

davedew
14th September 2011, 05:36 PM
I would have thought you would follow the path of the wishbone, upper or lower, allowing a bit of slack where it goes onto the cycle wing bracket to allow for steering / suspension travel.

spud69
14th September 2011, 05:40 PM
They have not changed the rules the are just being a bit stricter. It says that they need to be a maximum distance from the front of the car, means they can be fitted at the front of the rear wings making cabling easier, and they must be visible from a 5 deg angle from the rear. The thing with the angle is that, if they are on the scuttle, they will get down to a low driving position from behind and if the repeater cannot be seen due to the rear wing obstructing then it will fail. Before they never used to bother about the rear wing getting in the way.

If you can get them high enough on the scuttle they will be fine. I dont think they look too good on the wings either.

AndyH