PDA

View Full Version : headlight position

rich
1st August 2011, 07:00 PM
hi all
Has anybody got a good guide to measuring the correct headlight location?. I have read the iva manual but cant make sense of the height they should be in relation to the wheels and nose etc. plus the indicators have to be within a certain distance from the lights.

I wanted to get the brackets done and them mounted before the weekend, thats the only thing stopping me from mounting the bodywork

eSteve
1st August 2011, 08:53 PM
Have a look at this http://westfield-world.com/svalights_front.html. Check the dimensions with the latest IVA manual (6.02) since it says SVA not IVA.

rich
1st August 2011, 09:08 PM
cheers that's brill!!

rich
1st August 2011, 09:36 PM
as far as i can read IVA rules say
max distance from side 400mm, same as SVA
Max height 1500 or 2100mm (if impractical)
Min height 250mm

so as far as i can tell if i stick to sva rules i should be ok

TSM Locost
1st August 2011, 11:08 PM
400mm is from the widest part of the vehicle often the rear arches.

Wgroove
2nd August 2011, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know if its possible (and allowed) to mount the front indicators underneath the headlights ? (Like all the Caterhams).
As far as i know (from the pictures on the forum), everyone has mounted them on the side of the nosecone.

Regards,

Wim

davedew
2nd August 2011, 09:09 AM
If you mount them under the headlights you will fail on the angles of visibility for them. You have to be able to see them from 45 degress inwards to 80 degrees outwards. The nose cone will be in the way if you mount them to far back.

baz-r
2nd August 2011, 05:43 PM
i would have to check but if you have side repeaters that are visible from the correct angles your ok

Talonmotorsport
3rd August 2011, 08:44 AM
If you mount them under the headlights you will fail on the angles of visibility for them. You have to be able to see them from 45 degress inwards to 80 degrees outwards. The nose cone will be in the way if you mount them to far back.

All so you have to remember that it's 45' and 80' visable as seen at the same height as the indicators ie you need to be able to see them while your sat on the ground not standing up! The old man has his indicators on top of his DAX type headlights.

Wgroove
5th August 2011, 08:57 PM
All so you have to remember that it's 45' and 80' visable as seen at the same height as the indicators ie you need to be able to see them while your sat on the ground not standing up! The old man has his indicators on top of his DAX type headlights.

Side repeaters on the front cycle wings like caterham, will that be fine ?