PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Build Diary

BenBrooks
15th November 2011, 10:57 PM
I thought I would start a thread to document my Haynes Roadster build. Admittedly, I'm starting this diary a little bit late - I started my build on January 8th 2011. Anyway, I'm sixteen now (I was fifteen when I started) so this forum is as much about me finding out what to do than anything else!

I've nearly finished the chassis, just got a few chassis plates to weld and the RP sections (will most likely buy the bent tubes off of Ebay), the suspension and shock absorber brackets to weld then I need to weld the whole thing up! And hopefully an engine will be arriving for my Christmas present (probably looking at a 1.6L-2.0L Pinto engine) so progress is being made slowly but surely as I'm having to juggle working in the garage with my AS work.

I will upload some photos of my chassis so far on the weekend when I'm back from school.

Cheers.

ayjay
15th November 2011, 11:28 PM
Wow ---great stuff mate. I've been thinking that if you finish it by the time you pass your driving test you can chuck the L plates and drive off in a car that 99.999rec% of 18 yr olds would die for.;) Mind you you should start saving up now for the insurance:eek: