PDA

View Full Version : Fog light angle for IVA

Peter-C
9th January 2012, 03:10 PM
Hi,

I hope this has an obvoius answer. What did anyone use to get the rear fog light to be vertical. It seems a triangular spacer will do, but I can't find any.

Any ideas ? I'm having a thicker day than normal !

Cheers

Peter

flyerncle
9th January 2012, 06:04 PM
Why not set the lamp into the rear panel so that the base is in the inside(its usually wider than the lens)and space the top edge with a spacer to give the right distance so as the lamp is vertical.

shh120m
9th January 2012, 06:15 PM
or use a pice of plastic drainpipe cut at the correct angle to put between the back of the lamp and the rear panel.

vmax1974
9th January 2012, 06:28 PM
Piece of drainpipe cut at I think its 12 degrees for the grp rear end

Peter-C
9th January 2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks for your replies. My lights are rectangular and so the drainpipe solution won't look quite right I think. So tomorrow at work I'll have a practice on sinking them into the rear tub.

Cheers

Peter

flyerncle
9th January 2012, 07:52 PM
Peter,cut the right size hole in some card before you do the real thing and it it will give you some idea of what you need to get the angle correct on the inside for the spacer.

Any wedges/spacer used will be fitted inside the panel so as not to be seen.

Cyberbeej
9th January 2012, 07:55 PM
Can't remember what tv show it was but i remember them making triangle wedges for this purpose out of Filler and Painting black to blend in.

davedew
10th January 2012, 08:28 AM
You could always cut a wedge from a piece of wood for IVA, then chuck it in the bin after.

minicountryman1961
10th January 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi,

I hope this has an obvoius answer. What did anyone use to get the rear fog light to be vertical. It seems a triangular spacer will do, but I can't find any.

Any ideas ? I'm having a thicker day than normal !

Cheers

Peter

Look at the photo at the bottom of this build diary.

http://tigeravonbuilddiary.blogspot.com/

baz-r
11th January 2012, 06:50 PM
a spacer can be made from bodyfiller and a make shift diy mould.
some people have even taken tape and set the lamp at the angle wanted and filled the void with body filler then sanded to get a good finish.
other ideas have been short angled bits of tube of some form or making steel or alloy bespoke mounts.
iirc the fog must be pointing directly backward or squarely to the rear in iva book

Peter-C
11th January 2012, 07:29 PM
I've found some offcuts of what looks like square drainpipe. I cut it at an angle and it doesn't look too bad, I'll post a picture later.

Peter-C
12th January 2012, 12:15 PM
Pictures of bracket

axle
13th January 2012, 08:56 AM
Hi all
Can I just say thank you to all of you, I was just about to fit the lights on my car and was slightly puzzled on these matters, but you cleared it all for me.
Thanks again Axle