PDA

View Full Version : Selling donor bits you don't want

Jezzer99
6th July 2008, 12:16 PM
Out of interest, what bits of a donor that you don't need for your Roadster are have any saleable value? I guess things like lights, bumpers maybe? Anyone got any experience?

Neil P
6th July 2008, 09:36 PM
In my experience there will be loads of people looking for the parts but not until the day after you have taken them to the local tip!!

Neil

mr henderson
12th August 2008, 05:51 PM
My experience has been that finding people who want the sierra (or any other old car ) bits that us builders don't want is very difficult.

So much so that the next car I dismantle I'm going to take what I need and scrap the rest. However, if you've got time, space and inclination it might be worth taking the other bits off

John

scotty g
12th August 2008, 07:25 PM
Join the ford sierra club and explain what you are doing, give a list of all the parts you don't need and you will almost certainly sell some of it.
Cheers.

Matthew
18th August 2008, 05:48 PM
The interior of my Sierra sold pretty quickly on eBay (Ghia so leather seats etc) and when the guy came to collect it I managed to sell him the rear lights and some other bits and pieces. Covered over 2/3 of the cost of buying the car in the first place so I ended the day with a smile on my face.

Matthew