PDA

View Full Version : I've got me donor...

Jezzer99
11th July 2008, 09:58 PM
He he he... J-reg 1.8 CVH Sapphire now sat on my drive... better get it somewhere out the way before the missus comes back from a few days away :eek:

Drove it back from SE London tonight (all the way to just outside of Reading) and I have to say for a high mileage engine it ran superbly - no engine or gearbox noise... I'm even tempted to ditch the whol Zetec idea and just go with what I've got for a real budget build - what do you reckon??? :cool:

les g
12th July 2008, 12:36 PM
hi jezzer
someone on here is doing a cvh one and they have posted pics as well
there is a good one to checkout as he had to make a different engine mount one side to clear the steering column he posted before and after pics
hope that helps
cheers les g :) :)

Jezzer99
12th July 2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks Les - would be good to know who that it... for some reason I can't seem to get the search on the forum to work - returns nothing when I search on CVH... whoever you are - let me know :)

scotty g
12th July 2008, 01:54 PM
As tempting as it might be for you, if i were inyour shoes i would ditch the CVH and carrywith the zetec plan, get a 1.8 zetec from a mondeo with the loom/ECU etc and use it all in standard form. 115BHP, good on fuel and extremely reliable. Keep up with regular oil changes on a zetec and you wont have to touch the internals for at least 200K miles.

fabbyglass
13th July 2008, 07:20 PM
Well we are using what came with the car, 2.0ltr dohc efi thing. Car goes like a b****r as it is so in a Roadster it should be a complete giggle...:D If bits stick out then will have to make some canny bump things to cover them up.

Mark

les g
13th July 2008, 07:39 PM
hi jezzer
the pictures were posted by jabs
they are in the section running gear
2nd section and were posted on the 6th/7th of may 2008
hope that helps
cheers les g :D :D :D :D

Jezzer99
13th July 2008, 09:25 PM
Nice one les - thanks. I'll take a look. :cool: