PDA

View Full Version : impact protection

kiwilotus
12th June 2012, 10:19 AM
Hey was wondering im filling out design approval application forms for my chassis/suspension etc and one of the questions is: frontal impact protection provision...? is this a part of the haynes chassis design? if so where is this incorporated.? new zealand laws are a gem... thanks any help would be apreciated

ozzy1
12th June 2012, 11:04 AM
Your steering column should count as this :confused:

snapper
13th June 2012, 06:48 AM
Probably referring to a crush zone.
Tough one this as no kit car I am aware of has been crashed into a wall to test this.
If Caterhams or Westfield's are imported into your country they may have been granted a small production waiver.
If they can be sold then your chassis will be similar and there may be a way of comparing it to them.
Other kit builders have passed in your country and it is them you need to talk to as it is a county specific problem

ozzy1
13th June 2012, 06:56 AM
I would send a message to 7ish as he is in NZ and got his through ok. Or maybe easier to speak to someone like Fraser cars for info.

http://www.fraser.co.nz/

allterrain
14th June 2012, 08:36 AM
Hi, on my design approval I have just put" Sloping angle on front frame " which will crumple under frontal impact. Hope this helps . What part of country are you? Cheers Brendan.