PDA

View Full Version : IVA Checklist

Spikehaus
9th July 2012, 07:51 PM
IVA Queries

Rear Registration Plate

2) The space must permit the mounting of a plate in a position as close to vertical as possible taking into account the shape of the bodywork.

Does anyone know if the angle of the rear tub is acceptable to pass the IVA, or will a wedge be required to make the number plate nearer to vertical?

Also, does anyone have any key points I should be checking?

Plastic Nut / Bolt Covers - Tick
GRP Cycle Wing Trim - Tick
Cycle Wing Stay Brackets - Tick
Bonnet Edge Trim - Tick
Aeroscreen Trim - Tick (Does the lower return require trim as well)
Rear Tub Trim - Tick
Inner Edges of Scuttle Return - Tick
Inner Edge of Nosecone - Tick
Steering rack / Top Wishbone Ball Joint Nuts - Tick
Steering Rack Extension Rubber Gland Cover - Tick
Flexi Brake Hose onto front caliper - Tick
Trim to underside of Headlight Mounts - Tick
Fog Light Vertical - Tick
Exhaust Silencer - Tick

Correct E Marking on Lights UPDATE (Ozzy1)
Seatbelt Boss Gusset UPDATE (Deezee)
Thread sticking out of nylocs UPDATE (Deezee)
Roll bar main bolts need to have strength rating on them UPDATE (Deezee)

Any help appreciated to make sure its all covered.:)

SeriesLandy
9th July 2012, 08:15 PM
Per iva pics would be a good idea. Much easier to spot anything glaringly obvious.

Spikehaus
9th July 2012, 08:54 PM
Loads of photos of the flicker Hyperlink N06

Also, the IVA manual states that fuel filler caps cannot be in a luggage compartment, so is the rear tub a considered as a luggage compartment? Will I require an external filler pipe?

twinturbo
9th July 2012, 09:26 PM
Are we close to another car on the road then ;)

TT

PorkChop
9th July 2012, 10:43 PM
I haven't heard of anyone needing a plinth for the rear number plate. The MEV Exocet has an angled rear plate area too and I haven't heard of anyone needing a plinth for that either.

I would imagine that if you don't have a boot floor, then you wouldn't have a luggage compartment.

ozzy1
10th July 2012, 01:31 AM
If u dont have a lid on it or a bottom it can't be a luggage compartment.Also u wouldn't have a rear number plate fitted for IVA as u need the Iva to get a number plate?

ozzy1
10th July 2012, 01:35 AM
Only one I can think of is do all of your lights have the correct 'e' markings on them.There was a link I think in the announcements section I think with this info.

deezee
10th July 2012, 01:00 PM
Its hard to tell as I'm not sure how up to date the Flickr photos are. For me I picked up on.

- Rear roll bar braces only have 1 bolt - (ashg IVA Failure)
- Roll bar main bolts need to have strength rating on them, or supporting paperwork.
- Thread sticking out of nylocs. They'll even ask you to take off your rubber nut covers to ensure the nylocs have enough thread going through them.
- Edge projection applies to all edges, so you'll fail if you don't cover the rear seatbelt gussets on the roll bar.
- You've covered your fuel pipe coming from the tank, will they be able to read the writing on it, for its suitability for use with petrol?

baz-r
10th July 2012, 10:04 PM
Loads of photos of the flicker Hyperlink N06

Also, the IVA manual states that fuel filler caps cannot be in a luggage compartment, so is the rear tub a considered as a luggage compartment? Will I require an external filler pipe?

if its in a inclosed area the iva man will not like the look of it so leave the cover off
if its open at the bottom area of your tub you might get away with it.
i think its all about fuel vapor in enclosed spaces

deezee
11th July 2012, 12:10 PM
Just going through the notes and checks I made for my IVA and thought of the following.

- 19mm radius on the bottom of the dashboard
- Secondary fixing for the upright mushrooms
- Correct radius where aluminium panels meet the chassis local to seats (on the curved section)
- Can your, or your passengers knees / legs touch anything under the scuttle? I had to box it in on the passenger side.

Deanno
11th July 2012, 07:34 PM
Secondary fixing for the upright mushrooms

is that a must?? how did you do it?

Spikehaus
11th July 2012, 08:54 PM
I did mine with a drilled and tapped a hole in the front upright where it enters into the mushroom clamp, then inserted an allen head stainless grub screw, its was M5 I think. Its an easy one to forgot. I hope this thread helps flag up few items for us all.

deezee
12th July 2012, 11:17 AM
I did similar, set up the front uprights, with the mushrooms in the correct position. Then drilled through the upright and into the mushroom, tapped it and popped an M6 stainless button head bolt into it.

rich
17th July 2012, 08:55 PM
looking at your dash has the bottom edge been rolled into the footwells? i used a broom handle, they test it to a certain angle.

Also everything mounted to the dash not behind the steering wheel will be tested for a radius edge, most people pad the dash with foam and vinal to get round this, i just mounted everything behind the steering wheel

looking at yours the battery master switch and digital dash will be classed as a sharp edge

alga
17th July 2012, 09:46 PM
Spikehaus, your side repeaters look suspect to me. They have to be visible from behind: 5% to the side and 5% below. I think the rear arches might obstruct the view. Likewise with the mirrors -- make sure they don't obstruct the repeaters in the specified range. The stalks are fine as long as 50% of the repeater surface is visible.

ayjay
17th July 2012, 11:21 PM
looking at your dash has the bottom edge been rolled into the footwells? i used a broom handle, they test it to a certain angle.

How do you add a radius to a curved shape on the dash:confused:

Spikehaus
18th July 2012, 07:37 AM
I am still thinking about the dash and its layout? May use some MDF / Plywood with a sanded and rounded edge on it. Will also have to lose the battery master switch for the IVA. This is going to be the final project.

I extended the Indicator stalks, so was hoping it would be ok, may need to check the dims of these again at the weekend that they are 450 from the external wing.

Its getting close, but the IVA man seems to have a lot of requirements!