PDA

View Full Version : german "Zulassung"

wtg
10th April 2007, 12:05 PM
Hi *,

I try to collect all additional things that have to be considered to get a german "Zulassung".
Anybody here with deaper knowledge of germans StVZO?

Thanks

Carsten

List:
* motor has to be Euro4 (emission standard) conform
* third break light
...?

Chris Gibbs
11th April 2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Carsten

I don't know much about the German system, this page might help

http://www.tuev-sued.de/car_vehicles/services/individual_type_approval

Cheers

Chris:)

Eddie
4th January 2008, 12:06 PM
In 1997 during a holiday trip in GB a purchased the Ron Champion book, since then I have a strong interest in building my own sports car. For this purpose I got in contact with TÜV Nord Strassenverkehr GmbH. They gave the following information:
A self build car will be not impossible, but 40 guidelines of the StVZO have to be considered. Exceptions may be approved, but no environmental relevant. That means Euro 4 for the engine including OBD, the complete drivetrain of an approved car can be taken over, that includes the gear ratios and tyre sizes have to be unchanged ( within a tolerance of 8 %).
For the frame a proof of strength will be required, by way of calculation ( " Diplomarbeit "), on a pulsation test stand or tension measuring strips.
For the costs they told me: for the examination ( with complete certificates) about 1000,-Euros, the noise level measurement 500,- Euros and driving tests at Ehra-Lessien ( the Volkswagen test ground in lower saxony ) about 1500,- Euros. That was in 2003, today costs may vary and doesn't include the costs of proofing the strength.
I hope I could give You some help, Eddie