PDA

View Full Version : Use of a Toyota corolla AE86 as donor

johnny and
19th August 2008, 02:04 PM
Hi
I'm a newbie from Denmark
I think I have a very good donor for my locost build

In my garage I have an AE86 sitting. The engine runs and revs very good and is quite powerfull.

However my question is - would it be fairly simple to make a four link suspension for the diff as the AE86 has 4 disc brakes, and do any of you know if the AE86 gearbox is wider than the type 9 from a Sierra.

Regards Johnny

slimtater
20th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Sell the Corolla - they are worth a fortune even in poor condition. With the money made, you could buy lots of suitable new/donor parts.

johnny and
21st August 2008, 07:25 AM
Well - here in dk they are not much worth. I would not be able to get more than 200£ for it

AshG
22nd August 2008, 06:12 PM
nice light engine will give good power to weight ratio. they are a fond choice of the drifters.

i say use it as a doner as it will only get sold to a drifter who is going to weld the diff up and rag it to death

Doughnutter
23rd August 2008, 11:38 PM
Well - here in dk they are not much worth. I would not be able to get more than 200£ for it

Advertise it on a drifting forum called Driftworks and you'll make a fortune, prob enough to finance entire build :D

Aussie Haynes
24th August 2008, 02:51 AM
G'Day Johnnie,
Use what you've got mate, the Corolla's make a fantastic doner. The 16 and 20 valve 4AGE motors power many Clubmans in Australia. Good horsepower for their size and you already know how it revs. You might need to check for chassis clearance on the trailing arms and tyres, because the Haynes is 2" wider than the Locost, but you have everything you need in the shed.
Regards,
Mike.
Australia.

hyper
17th September 2008, 06:09 PM
these sell for well over 7000euro in ireland. even a rotten one would probably cost around 5k.

Renrut
7th January 2009, 02:24 PM
A solid shell sold on ebay Uk the other day for about £2500. That was a completely bare shell. So strip the parts and sell the shell = free roadster :D