PDA

View Full Version : ive got my donor car

greasemonkey
8th September 2008, 10:36 PM
ive just got a sierra!!
1.8cvh 1989 sierra hatchback £160 74.000mls recon carb & engine

bargain as ive spent more on ebay on a few bits :D

im now thinking about putting this engine in the roadster which im hoping to start soon! i have a zetec but i have all the bits for the cvh in the donor and will like to do the zetec at a later date.
has anybody used the cvh? is it quick in a roadster? any problems to think about before making a choice? (zetec needs a refresh 117.000mls)

regards

lee

AshG
8th September 2008, 11:27 PM
you will need to fab up some custom engine mounts for it but there are drawings floating round somewhere. they are plenty quick enough to start with and get through the sva. people avoid them as they were quite expensive to tune back in the day. these days parts are more easily found at bargain bucket prices not quite pinto cheep but cheep none the less.

Jezzer99
9th September 2008, 08:10 AM
I was also going to go Zetec but after I drove my 1.8 CVH Sapphire back across London (sadly I paid more than £160) I thought that it would be a good way to go. As I already have 2 old classic MGs, I'm also under pressure not to spend a fortune building it :D

Like Adrian and Ash have said, different engine mounts appear to be the main issue but I believe that most of the other running gear is the same as any Pinto Sierra.

greasemonkey
10th September 2008, 08:46 PM
striped the engine of its manifolds etc and lifted the engine out in my dinner hour today ready for cleaning:) just the rest of the crap to take off now then the cleaning.........etc etc

AshG
11th September 2008, 01:26 PM
good thing about these old engines is that they are not that sensative to the friendly steam cleaner :D