PDA

View Full Version : sending pictures to forum

onedayTM
11th September 2008, 09:46 PM
Hi all,
Can anybody tell me how to send pictures to the forum. Dont messing with cars, cutting, grinding or welding but not all together into computers probably due to my old age.
Any help would be appreciated!

cheers
tm.

les g
11th September 2008, 10:18 PM
Hi all,
Can anybody tell me how to send pictures to the forum. Dont messing with cars, cutting, grinding or welding but not all together into computers probably due to my old age.
Any help would be appreciated!

cheers
tm.

yea too nerdy for me as well !!!
but my boy put ours on he used " photo bucket " to resize them
cheers les g

onedayTM
12th September 2008, 01:43 PM
Hi les,
thanks for that no idea what a photo bucket is but I'll take a leaf out of your book and ask my son to help out.

cheers,

tm

les g
12th September 2008, 07:41 PM
hi tm
apparently pics are too large so you have to resize them to fit !!!!photobucket is one of the popular site/means of doing this (so i,m told ) apparently their are others but photobucket apparently is dead easy too use (if you are aged between 10 and 20)
hth les g

davie h
12th September 2008, 08:10 PM
Hi tm

i have been using flickr really easy to use as it kind of tells you what to do and you can link pics to here really easy.

Davie

onedayTM
13th September 2008, 07:10 PM
Cheers Les and Davie for info and have slnce had a look at flickr and will try and get photos downloaded.
tm

onedayTM
13th September 2008, 10:18 PM
Hi Davie,
managed to put pictures on flickr but how do you get them into the thread you are writing.

cheers tm

fabbyglass
14th September 2008, 10:58 AM
TM,
When you are typing up a reply to a thread etc there is a section at the bottom to manage files...took me an age to suss it out but once you find it it's a doddle. It puts up a link to your pictures so folk can clicky and open them.

Cheers,
Mark

onedayTM
14th September 2008, 01:11 PM
Hi Mark,
Thanks for reply had to get my son to assist, hopefully get link sorted.
cheers,
tm

davie h
14th September 2008, 06:20 PM
Hi tm

the way i do it is by opening my flickr account on another page and right clicking the mouse on the pic i want to post and then click properties. next copy the url/address of the pic now return to the roadster page and click reply. just above the reply box there are some little pics you want to click on the one that looks like a postcard hover the mouse over them its the one that says insert image. a box will open and now paste in the url/address of the pic. you can check its been added by clicking preview post

hope that helps

Davie

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/2806234869_8f484861ff_m.jpg

onedayTM
15th September 2008, 07:42 PM
Hi Davie,
thanks for info, have at last managed to post thread with pics.It must be me but jez it took for ever.
cheers
tm