PDA

View Full Version : what a carry on

fabbyglass
23rd September 2008, 03:58 PM
We have had a right game trying to get parcels accepted by carriers and finally found a firm that seems interested but at a price!
Full body set and a pair of seats posted to Scotland was a staggering £165.00...:(.
Mark

Chris Gibbs
23rd September 2008, 04:17 PM
Time to buy a van?

That's pretty dear...

Cheers

Chris :eek:

Alphax
23rd September 2008, 05:16 PM
deliver it yourself. Im uup there now and it's very pretty here. And good driving (not as much with a van tho)

davie h
23rd September 2008, 09:55 PM
i just had a look and rough price of van hire is about £80 for two days hire and then when you add the cost of the fuel for the 1065 mile round trip that price doesnt look to bad now does it

Davie

fabbyglass
24th September 2008, 04:09 PM
No it doesn't but the cost went from £120 to £160odd as they suddenly realised where Scotland was and how far from Penryn in Cornwall it is....hahahahaha

Mark

les g
24th September 2008, 10:25 PM
Mark
have you tried Tamar Couriers
it just a thought they took an ice making machine to Birmingham from Saltash for a mate of mine the other day for £27 probably heavier than your bits and a biggish box
worth a 10p phone call
les g
ps .they are on the ind. estate by the bridge our side of the water

fabbyglass
25th September 2008, 10:13 AM
Time to buy a van?

That's pretty dear...

Cheers

Chris :eek:

Snag is I do have a van but said van's denzil motor isn't in the right place and a tad popped at that.
Not had the time to sort it out and breakers want daft money for a 1.9d T4 motor:(

Mark

fabbyglass
25th September 2008, 11:23 AM
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs I do believe we found a carrier that understands what we do even likes the kinda stuff we do and keen to help...:D just need to sort prices for shipping over the wobbly blue thing and folk over the wobbly blue thing can have roadster bodywork at last.

Forgot to ask him what the rubber button was though...:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Mark

les g
25th September 2008, 08:26 PM
hi mark
who are you using
did you try Tamar Couriers
cheers
les g

fabbyglass
25th September 2008, 09:59 PM