PDA

View Full Version : Any artists?

Chris Gibbs
26th September 2008, 04:08 PM
Hello my little egg muffins,

I'm looking for someone who can draw, in either traditional media or digitally, a picture of my new project car.

What you'll get.

Your picture in a new book for a major publisher with a credit and your contact details.

What you won't get.

Any money.

If you're interested get in touch

here (chrisgibbs222@talktalk.net)

Cheers

Chris ;)

TSM Locost
26th September 2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Chris.

Sounds like a job for cobra 289,

Cheers Mike. :) :) :)

Alphax
26th September 2008, 04:36 PM
Chris,
what sort of thing are you looking for? I know lots of art students around here.

Chris Gibbs
26th September 2008, 04:47 PM
I just need something that I can use for promotional stuff, until I can take a photo of the car, probably a front three quarter view.

Cheers

Chris :)

Alphax
26th September 2008, 04:56 PM
I'll ask around this weekend. Do you have anything he/she can work from?

TSM Locost
26th September 2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Chris why not try Sheffield University down the road, they must have people who would love to see their work in print for free with name and contact details, good for their CV.

Cheers

Mike.

Chris Gibbs
26th September 2008, 05:11 PM
Alphax, I have a four view drawing and Mike that's a good idea, my daughter's just started there!

Cheers

fabbyglass
26th September 2008, 05:37 PM
Getting there honest...:o

Chris Gibbs
26th September 2008, 06:01 PM
LOL

I know mate, I know......;)

Cheers

fabbyglass
26th September 2008, 10:27 PM
Whole day on it tomorrow I promise kind sir...;)

Cheers,
Mark

Cobra289
4th October 2008, 12:49 PM
Hi,

My name has been mentioned here in relation to the nomination "Artist"

I want to clarify that I am not an "Artist", I just like to design things, as I have done for the last 35 years. But I don't have the touch and inspiration of an Artist.

The pictures that you have seen at the forum, are from my second body design, so I can say that I DO NOT have experience with body designs.

I just like the Cobra's and the Seven's to much and like to try new things.

Chris, I can try to make something for your new project, I use SolidWorks and it can be difficult to form compounding surfaces. [time consuming]

Let me know, if you like that I give a try.

Best regards,
Cobra289

fuoriserie
11th November 2008, 09:07 AM
Hello my little egg muffins,

I'm looking for someone who can draw, in either traditional media or digitally, a picture of my new project car.

What you'll get.

Your picture in a new book for a major publisher with a credit and your contact details.

What you won't get.

Any money.

If you're interested get in touch

here (chrisgibbs222@talktalk.net)

Cheers

Chris ;)

Hi Chris,

I guess I'm a little late.......is this a new car design based on your book chassis ?

I could be interested if you need any design renderings with pen and markers.....:)

Cheers
Italo

scotty g
12th November 2008, 04:05 PM
My Dad is an artist but his area of expertise is Traditional oil paintings, mostly Maritime but he can do anything, check out his website at http://grimsonart.co.uk/Welcome.html
If you like his style get in touch.

paul the 6th
25th November 2008, 11:57 AM
I supply vinyl artwork for conferences, exhibitions, vehicles and general signage. I've got quite a wide range of knowledge in photoshop and corel draw, and also adapting hand drawn artwork into digital format (either vector or bitmap). I'll give it a stab if you like Chris. Would need to design off the back off real life photos or some kind of plans to create the foundation for the design.

give me a shout if you're still after someone :) paul.wilson@godesign.me.uk

tris89
15th December 2008, 05:30 PM
Out of intrest Chris what is your new project?

Tristan

Chris Gibbs
16th December 2008, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry, I should have replied to the posters on this thread before - I missed it. :o

Cobra has done me some digital drawings of the new car that are simply magnificent. I wish I could show you them but Haynes aren't ready to "go public" with details yet.

To answer your question, Tristan the new car is a road legal single seater in the style of a 60's formula one car, powered by a Fireblade engine and a chain drive differential.

The book should be out next year

Cheers

tris89
16th December 2008, 04:54 PM
Sounds good, I guess I better get a move on and start building the roadster then... :)

Tristan

paul the 6th
16th December 2008, 08:53 PM
I know you're probably supposed to be a bit tight lipped about the new book but could I ask one tiny little question pwease?

Will it have a reverse?

I'm sure I read that the new bIVA test will require all vehicles to have a reverse gear - if the new car does have a reverse gear, put me down for a copy right this second, I'm off to buy a fireblade.

AshG
16th December 2008, 11:42 PM
i have seen the pictures cobra did and all i can say is that they are very high quality and the car will be very interesting.

Cobra289
16th December 2008, 11:57 PM
Hi,

The idea was to have some "Real Look" pictures of the final product, so that the decision makers can see the result, before the construction.

Off-course my input was only the 3D modeling, the brain of the real concept and design was done by Chris Gibbs.

Waiting for the final publication.

All I can say is: "I like it very much"

Regards,
Cobra289

fabbyglass
17th December 2008, 10:07 AM
Said "new project" is indeed the danglies of more than one hound and will have more than one beak...it will also go backwards not too mention forwards very quickly inducing daft Cheshire cat type grins...bit like this:D :D

paul the 6th
17th December 2008, 10:23 AM
it will also go backwards not too mention forwards very quickly....

Sold! I'm off to look at blades today lol

Cobra289
17th December 2008, 10:30 AM
Sold! I'm off to look at blades today lol
Careful select only the ones on fire!:D

Regards,
Cobra289

paul the 6th
17th December 2008, 10:49 AM
strangely enough, there is a difference between the earlier FireBlades and Fireblades - think they dropped the capital B on the earlier models after the original fireBlade project leader retired or something? Read it in one of the bike magazines earlier this year....

Most modern supersports bike engines are all very similar in size and shape so I'm assuming the new book will be open to adaptation my the more adventurous builders :)

Chris Gibbs
17th December 2008, 04:36 PM
Yes it will have a reverse, John, Tony and Keith at 3ge willing ;)

Cheers

flyerncle
17th December 2008, 05:01 PM
"is indeed the danglies of more than one hound " No wonder people have problems learning English.

Sounds ace Chris,Will just have to wait for new book !

British Racing Pink possibly (sorry Mark)

Cheers all

paul the 6th
17th December 2008, 05:46 PM
cheers chris! I promise I won't pester you about this again :) apart from the release date but I'll shut up for a little while. Starting my chassis building board tomorrow :)

3GE Components
17th December 2008, 09:56 PM
I know Chris has his hands tied so he can't show pictures of the new car just yet, but mine aren't ...... ;)

So here's a sneek peek of Chris's next project.

http://www.motoringpicturelibrary.com/docs/pic1110c.jpg

Regards

John

les g
17th December 2008, 10:05 PM
he ! he!
i,ve actually seen it...........
i,ve actually carried it
and transported it in my van..........(yes it did stick out the back doors)and (yes unlike somebody who posts on here we didn,t lose half our load on BISSOE roundabout )
and for a small fee............
i would show you my piccies ...........

NO I WONT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wait and see you nosy load of sods
lol
les g :D :D :D

Jezzer99
17th December 2008, 10:05 PM
That's a seriously classy looking car, John. I wonder if Mr Fabbyglass can do the bodywork in orange? :D

paul the 6th
17th December 2008, 11:29 PM
B@stard. You actually had me going there!

minimad
17th December 2008, 11:33 PM
he ! he!
i,ve actually seen it...........
i,ve actually carried it
and transported it in my van..........(yes it did stick out the back doors)and (yes unlike somebody who posts on here we didn,t lose half our load on BISSOE roundabout )
and for a small fee............
i would show you my piccies ...........

NO I WONT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wait and see you nosy load of sods
lol
les g :D :D :D

not fair les i woz just a passenger, i seem to remember you and fabby loaded that bit, hahaha, must admit it is taking shape nicely it'll make a nice easter present only joking

flyerncle
18th December 2008, 06:06 PM
there was a drawing on the forum somewhere.....

fuoriserie
25th August 2009, 10:23 AM
there was a drawing on the forum somewhere.....

do you rememeber in which section ?

flyerncle
25th August 2009, 06:23 PM
Sorry No, but I think there is a pic on Haynes for the new book.

alga
25th August 2009, 08:02 PM
Linky: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Build-Your-Own-Single-Seater-Budget/dp/1844256391

fuoriserie
28th August 2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the link guys............:)