Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Engine/transmission (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Whats Your fueling preference. (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3646)

alga 11th February 2010 10:38 PM

Carbs must disappear like the rotary dial phones and cassette players did. There is much better tech for the same purpose, we're 1/10 the way through the 21-st century!

dogwood 11th February 2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie boy (Post 31260)
Hi David
What mod have you made to the EFI to fit in the roadster?

Here ya go Frankie.
Forgot I posted this last week

frankie boy 11th February 2010 10:59 PM

Cool Not to much coming out of the bonnet. Burton do some scoops in versus sizes had one on my old bonnet.

twinturbo 11th February 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alga (Post 31266)
Carbs must disappear like the rotary dial phones and cassette players did. There is much better tech for the same purpose, we're 1/10 the way through the 21-st century!

My brother in laws missues has a 57 plate Skoda with a tape deck/radio.. I could not belive it!!! I thought it was bad in my 02 Galaxy but at least that has an autochanger!

TT

Land Locked 12th February 2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alga (Post 31266)

Carbs = K.I.S.S. Simple works for me EVERY time.:p

Davey 12th February 2010 06:49 AM

I'm fitting bike throttle bodies (from a 600 Honda summat), got two sets which easily split into pairs so I can run three pairs straight down the middle. Got to make up an inlet manifold yet which should be fun. I then plan to use an Emerald ECU for fully sequential injection, just got to find one at a sensible price.

D.

twinturbo 12th February 2010 09:01 AM

Any reason for sequential? Do you have a cam phase sensor?

TT

Bonzo 12th February 2010 09:41 AM

Missing option

This poll is missing an ........ I aint got a friggin clue option !!?? :o :D

Seriously though, my roots are firmly rooted to the carb era, that said, I very open minded about all options.

I guess that is why I have a collection of the following: Original stock ecu, megasquirt, megajolt, stock injection, bike throttle bodys, bike carbs, access to a pair of twin webbers if needed & heck I even have a pair of Stromberg CD150's kicking about ( Yeah I know they were crap ) :o

Who knows what my build will eventually end up with :confused:

GraemeWebb 12th February 2010 09:49 AM

I started to look into making my own throttle boddies a year ago when I had access to a lathe and milling m/c. It can be done very cheaply, even bought brass sheet for the butterfly's and brass rod for the spindles. Block of aluminium offcuts are not expensive. Would have to source linkages and springs etc. but using bits of old SU's or such like is a possability.

Anyone in the Rugby area with machining facilities willing to give it a go?

spud69 12th February 2010 09:50 AM

Throttle bodies and megasquirt - 1st option

Bike carbs and megajolt is a good cheaper alternative though, as long as your not worried about fuel economy.