Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hi Guys - New (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3824)

HandyAndy 10th March 2010 01:49 PM

Hang on a few minutes and i,ll get the measurements for you.

cheers
andy

HandyAndy 10th March 2010 02:02 PM

Hi Russ,

the width between the transmission tunnel & inner face of the side of the chassis is 45cm,
the length from the brake pedal to the center of the seat (backrest/spine area) is 126cm.
obviously the actual pedal box plate is further forward than the brake pedal but thought the point from the brake pedal at natural rest position gives a better measurement to work from for you.

The above measurements have been taken from Spuds car, & as said he is 6ft 7in tall.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy

Enoch 10th March 2010 02:09 PM

Hi Russ, I am in Bracknell. My chassis is far enough along so you could come and have a sit in it and see what it feels like size wise. Drop me a pm if you want to arrange.
Enoch (Dave)

Russ_16v 10th March 2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 33692)
Hi Russ,

the width between the transmission tunnel & inner face of the side of the chassis is 45cm,
the length from the brake pedal to the center of the seat (backrest/spine area) is 126cm.
obviously the actual pedal box plate is further forward than the brake pedal but thought the point from the brake pedal at natural rest position gives a better measurement to work from for you.

The above measurements have been taken from Spuds car, & as said he is 6ft 7in tall.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy

Andy, i cannot thank you enough! I will template those measurements out tonight, im pretty sure that should be fine, again i really appriciate that! And just to check, that is a standard size chassis, made to 'book size'?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 33693)
Hi Russ, I am in Bracknell. My chassis is far enough along so you could come and have a sit in it and see what it feels like size wise. Drop me a pm if you want to arrange.
Enoch (Dave)

HI Dave, thank you so much for the offer, your about 1/12 hour from me which is a little far to go at the moment, but i will keep you in mind, thats really kind of you :)

HandyAndy 10th March 2010 02:24 PM

No prob Russ, happy to help, :cool:

Yes those measurements are taken from a standard "book spec" chassis.

if you need any other measurements just shout.

cheers
andy

Russ_16v 10th March 2010 02:30 PM

I know this is really cheeky, but could you give me the measurement from side to side? As in from one side of the inner chassis to the other, so i can see the total width of the body? Any pictures of this car?

Again i cannot thank you enough

HandyAndy 10th March 2010 02:54 PM

the width between the inner edges of the outside chassis rails = 106.2 cm & the transmission tunnel is 17cm (clad in aluminium) central in the car.

There,s alot of pics of this car on our website www.saturnsportscars.co.uk

no prob :cool:

cheers
andy

Russ_16v 10th March 2010 02:58 PM

Fantasic, thank you again Andy!

I will drop you a PM about a few things shortly if thats ok?

HandyAndy 10th March 2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_16v (Post 33700)
Fantasic, thank you again Andy!

I will drop you a PM about a few things shortly if thats ok?

no prob, just let me clear my PM box, it fills up too quick :eek: :D

cheers
andy

Russ_16v 10th March 2010 04:18 PM

PM sent :)

Now on the look out for a Sierra, is an XR4x4 any good?