Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A few price changes at 3GE (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3541)

Davey 29th January 2010 08:03 PM

At that price I'll take a pair of mushroom inserts please, I was going to machine my own up but at that price its just not worth the hassle. Which is easier for you, payment via paypal or by card over the phone?

Cheers, D.

3GE Components 29th January 2010 08:18 PM

Hi

Paypal is easier, website prices will be updated on 1st feb but if you email me your email address which is registered with paypal i will send a payment request
Regards
keith

Davey 29th January 2010 10:24 PM

E-mail sent.

D.

Spikehaus 29th January 2010 10:40 PM

Keith,

I had a thread running a while ago before the meltdown of the forum. It what generally discussing the rear disk break uprights. The book manufactured rear uprights, once fitted with Sierra rear breaks do not have much clearance for the handbrake cable against the lower wishbone.

I remember chatting with Bonzo and a few others about this, however; I we never concluded the thread. Generally we discussed locating the rear calliper plates at 45 degrees.

Could you manufacture some for me like this. Due to work I have no time to complete my project and that promise for Stoneleigh show growing ever closer................!

Its going to take throwing a few quid at the project to keep to the programme!

Forgot to add, the welding by 3GE is spot on. The fabrication shop next door asked me how I got my weld so perfect, I just said beginners luck with a big grin! Sorry Keith! All my wishbones came from 3GE cos the my first attempt fell apart and the second got chucked across the workshop. I did make the rest!

3GE Components 30th January 2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 30002)
Keith,

I had a thread running a while ago before the meltdown of the forum. It what generally discussing the rear disk break uprights. The book manufactured rear uprights, once fitted with Sierra rear breaks do not have much clearance for the handbrake cable against the lower wishbone.

I remember chatting with Bonzo and a few others about this, however; I we never concluded the thread. Generally we discussed locating the rear calliper plates at 45 degrees.

Could you manufacture some for me like this. Due to work I have no time to complete my project and that promise for Stoneleigh show growing ever closer................!

Its going to take throwing a few quid at the project to keep to the programme!

Forgot to add, the welding by 3GE is spot on. The fabrication shop next door asked me how I got my weld so perfect, I just said beginners luck with a big grin! Sorry Keith! All my wishbones came from 3GE cos the my first attempt fell apart and the second got chucked across the workshop. I did make the rest!

That would not be a problem.

Kind regards

John

Carlo 30th January 2010 01:50 PM

Mushroom inserts just what I need top price as well!:D

degmwilliams 30th January 2010 10:13 PM

There isnt much penetration on the plate on the top picture, looks to be a little cold lap, the rest looks ok! Prices look good

Talonmotorsport 30th January 2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degmwilliams (Post 30085)
There isnt much penetration on the plate on the top picture, looks to be a little cold lap, the rest looks ok! Prices look good

Could that be down to no weld prep on top of sheet steel black scale? I run 2-3mm weld prep round all the welded edges of my parts with a grinder, it gives a better looking weld. I learnt my lesson a while ago not to cut too many corners as it comes back to bite you in the arse.

degmwilliams 30th January 2010 11:12 PM

It does help removing the scale, but would help turning the amps up and concentrating more on the plate and flicking it up on the tube, that would allow it to penetrate both more evenly.