Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Insurance (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4870)

Bonzo 25th August 2010 02:12 PM

Thank's Daz

Now written in my build book :)

5k miles a year .... I struggle to do 1.5K miles per year in my daily driver :o :o

Pleased to hear you are making good progress :cool:

I guess it must be nearly time for me to request a VIN number from DVLA, time I got that stamped on the chassis.

DaddyA 25th August 2010 03:03 PM

Ronnie,

got vin, stamped in, in a couple of places.

Not that far off, need to alter front wing stays (didn't buy SSC Wings - sorry). So need to fettle to clear tyre.

Upload mega jolt map, rollling road session to set carbs up and all the sharp edge tripe to do. Nearly there but not rushing!!

Oh and must run it long enough to get fan to cut in?? Not convinced it will, but we'll see.

HandyAndy 29th September 2010 08:51 PM

:cool:

Thanks for the "heads up" from this thread, I have arranged my insurance today, as its driveable & so making it "nickable" thought best to get it insured,

Fully comp
5k miles per year
agreed value
90 days euro cover ( don,t think i,ll be using that )
Parts only

cost = £95 :eek::cool:

Its the only vehicle I,ve had where it costs more to tax it for 6 months than it costs to insure it :D

cheers
andy

mark 30th September 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 45862)
:cool:

Thanks for the "heads up" from this thread, I have arranged my insurance today, as its driveable & so making it "nickable" thought best to get it insured,

Fully comp
5k miles per year
agreed value
90 days euro cover ( don,t think i,ll be using that )
Parts only

cost = £95 :eek::cool:

Its the only vehicle I,ve had where it costs more to tax it for 6 months than it costs to insure it :D

cheers
andy

Being old has some advantages then!!!

You got yours a little cheaper than mine, not much though, maybe enough for a takeaway!

Bonzo 30th September 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 45943)

You got yours a little cheaper than mine, not much though, maybe enough for a takeaway!

Ohhh, mine should work out about £12.50 in that case :o :o :D

HandyAndy 30th September 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 45943)

:eek: Cheeky "whippasnappa" :D

Tho, yes Mark, you have a point :p

cheers
andy

David_17 30th September 2010 08:17 PM

Not looking forward to my quotes :( :o

David_17 30th September 2010 08:24 PM

Quick question, how many no-claims did you tell them you had? As i've been told your no claims is only for 1 car. Which means 0 no claims on the kit car insurance :confused:

HandyAndy 30th September 2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_17 (Post 45953)
Quick question, how many no-claims did you tell them you had? As i've been told your no claims is only for 1 car. Which means 0 no claims on the kit car insurance :confused:

When I spoke to them they said that the NCB that I have on my "daily" drive vehicle wasn,t taken into consideration ( I have full NCB & clean license) ,

I suppose the home build/kit car industry in relation to insurance is totally different to "normal" vehicles, Tho it helped when I mentioned I was a member on this forum & LCB too.

So, £95 taking into account that no NCB was calculated into the quote is a very good deal indeed.

cheers
andy

ozzy1 1st October 2010 12:50 AM

You can only use your NCB on 1 vehicle so may as well be your daily driver.The other option is to try and get a FLEET policy which will cover both cars under your NCB.Dunno if they still do that in UK though.