Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Donor cars (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Some questions about donor stripping (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5250)

twinturbo 20th October 2010 06:02 PM

Never had bother with prop bolts. If the shells a scrapper then I cut a hole in the floor so I can see it from the top :)

TT

Andy_B 20th October 2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 47203)
Never had bother with prop bolts. If the shells a scrapper then I cut a hole in the floor so I can see it from the top :)

TT

Was thinking about that too !! just the risk of setting it on fire before i am finished with it !!...set my jumper on fire today with the big 9" boy !! only other prob is the bloody gearstick willnot come of the union (mt75) got the pin out but its no budging !!

twinturbo 20th October 2010 06:29 PM

Hammer and chissle will do the floor nicely.

Never split the leaver of an MT75, Just drop the box myself.

TT

Andy_B 20th October 2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 47206)
Hammer and chissle will do the floor nicely.

Never split the leaver of an MT75, Just drop the box myself.

TT

Think i have a hand held nibbler...not much patients for stubborn shit so the sds and chissle attachment might come out tomorrow !!

twinturbo 20th October 2010 06:56 PM

Hand nibbler will take 10 times longer than the hammer and chissel :rolleyes:

TT

Andy_B 20th October 2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 47208)
Hand nibbler will take 10 times longer than the hammer and chissel :rolleyes:

TT

You may have a point there ..ok lump hammer and chissel ..as soon as i get the kidds of to school in the morning !! thanks for advice by the way

twinturbo 20th October 2010 08:31 PM

I do the same above the driveshafts too to undoo them from the diff :)

TT

Andy_B 20th October 2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 47220)
I do the same above the driveshafts too to undoo them from the diff :)

TT

So you cut a hole in the arse of the boot ?? it need drained anyway full of bloody water !!

Andy_B 21st October 2010 06:30 PM

Right thats the engine out...nut splitter and a good impact gun did the trick...bust the nut splitter on the last nut so its back to screwfix for sa replacement...forgetting to mention the use of buzz gun !!!.....ANOTHER question....how much of the loom do i carefully remove ? i have the ECU out but by god do i have more other parts of the loom ie ABS (not needed) Bulb failure unit ...wondering if the whole lighting loom goes through that....any assistance regarding 2.0 DOHC loom would be very much appreciated....

twinturbo 21st October 2010 08:47 PM

I would junk everything apart from the engine loom. there's an excelent wiring diagram thread for a simple loom that will cover all you need.

The donor loom ( in my opinion having owned, stripped, fixed rebuilt countless sierras + granada and scorpio ) would take more time and effort than building a new custom loom.

TT