Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Haynes for sale (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13745)

flyerncle 4th October 2015 01:27 PM

Dont sell it untill you are certain flying is what you really want,you might regret it.
Nice looking car.

Try putting a Warroir down at Eshott.

I have PPl (A) if you want a quick wizz.

gaz05 4th October 2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 101897)
Dont sell it untill you are certain flying is what you really want,you might regret it.
Nice looking car.

Try putting a Warroir down at Eshott.

I have PPl (A) if you want a quick wizz.

I can barely put a C42 down yet! I'm probably done with the car. It's fun to drive but I think I got more out of building it. I'm a serial hobbyist. I try one then move on to another. I'll try the flying for a while. It's been an interest since I was an air cadet forty years ago.

Have you got the warrior at Eshott? looks a really nice plane.

flyerncle 4th October 2015 07:30 PM

Fly from Ncle but have been in and out of eshott a few times,had ppl for 12 years plus ir/r

Davidbolam 4th October 2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaz05 (Post 101896)
Eshott David. Seems a really good set up and I love the Ikarus C42s .Very stable to fly although I,m still struggling with smooth landings. That's not me in the Vid though

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fpJFinTPU0

I don't know whether it's cheap or not. I'm just looking to get enough for it to pay for the rest of my flying lessons.

Storm seems like a nice chap. I like the idea of the ownership schemes they have.

David

gaz05 4th October 2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonMotorFabrication (Post 101904)
This not going to be a popular view but I've given up caring the past few months....
I've been watching finished Roadster car prices for the past 5 years with interest with the view to building complete cars, the conclusion is there is no money in finished cars at all. This is what I would say looking at it from the 'how do I justify the asking price' or the 'wife/GF factor' if you prefer as it cuts out the rose tinted glasses.
The reality of your car although is nicely built is that it's hard to justify because it's a very basic Roadster as it stands, try telling the average wife/gf that you have to wear a crash helmet to go on a day out in it?
If your car had a wind screen, wipers, heater, carpet, side screens and a rag top then I would say £4500-5500 plus no problem, as it is now I think your looking at around the £2800-3200 mark at best.
Your car would I guess be classed as a road legal on going project for some one looking to add their own parts/style to it or a road legal track day toy. I wish you all the best for the sale but be prepared to either have it hanging around for a long time or take the hit of a really low offer.

Phil. I knew when I started this project that I'd be taking a big hit when it was sold. That's why I said in the first post that I'd be happy if I could get £3k.

I've renovated bikes and cars in the past and know that the only way you're going to make a small fortune is to start with a large fortune.

I built it because I always wanted to build my own car and to a good standard. I've really enjoyed it. My garage has always been my second home. At one time I had two bikes,two jetskis, a go kart and still found space renovate a lambretta. Been there. Done that. Time to move on.

Now .Is it tall enough to get a home built plane in there?

gaz05 4th October 2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidbolam (Post 101905)
Storm seems like a nice chap. I like the idea of the ownership schemes they have.

David

Yes, seems a nice guy. He's had to have one of the C42s sent away for extensive repair as it had a mishap last week.

That might be the way I go. You can join the group scheme as soon as you go solo. I think it's about £2.5k for the first year and then you just pay the petrol used after that.

rpjg1975 5th October 2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaz05 (Post 101906)
Phil. I knew when I started this project that I'd be taking a big hit when it was sold. That's why I said in the first post that I'd be happy if I could get £3k.

I've renovated bikes and cars in the past and know that the only way you're going to make a small fortune is to start with a large fortune.

I built it because I always wanted to build my own car and to a good standard. I've really enjoyed it. My garage has always been my second home. At one time I had two bikes,two jetskis, a go kart and still found space renovate a lambretta. Been there. Done that. Time to move on.

Step away from the Mark Evans 'is born' dvds !!! Plane or chopper???

Russ

Davidbolam 5th October 2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaz05 (Post 101906)

I have been contemplating a mini max build in my garage. With the advent of single seat deregulation you can build some cool aircraft and no dreaded iva!

gaz05 5th October 2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpjg1975 (Post 101911)
Step away from the Mark Evans 'is born' dvds !!! Plane or chopper???

Russ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidbolam (Post 101912)
I have been contemplating a mini max build in my garage. With the advent of single seat deregulation you can build some cool aircraft and no dreaded iva!

It's unlikely to happen in my case . There's just so many things to overcome, the biggest if which is insurance. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to insure a plane that's been knocked up in someone's garage. Finding a lightweight yet powerful enough engine is still a huge problem facing people trying to go the SSDR route. Rotax seem to have cornered the market but their two strokes are notoriously unreliable and their four strokes start at £15k!! And they're still relatively heavy for a SSDR.

But never say never. The British hang glider pilots association membership apparently covers SSDR now so you never know.

twinturbo 5th October 2015 11:36 PM

I like it, but I kinda wana finish mine...

TT