Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   MX5 direct fit chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12978)

Nismo1982 29th October 2013 09:55 PM

Phil

Is the book spec separation of sb4 enough to allow for the offset of the mx5 diff?

As I have now placed my order for one of your diff covers I'm looking to crack on with the rear suspension framework and originally had the sb rails setup per Saturn design. About to revert back to book spec rear end now but just want to make sure I don't have to rework anything else.

Cheers

Mark

j.brownster79 29th October 2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nismo1982 (Post 94291)
Phil

Is the book spec separation of sb4 enough to allow for the offset of the mx5 diff?

As I have now placed my order for one of your diff covers I'm looking to crack on with the rear suspension framework and originally had the sb rails setup per Saturn design. About to revert back to book spec rear end now but just want to make sure I don't have to rework anything else.

Cheers

Mark

Your doing the same as me! After talking to Phil about this it's book spec rear end but sb4's have to be spread out I have set mine to the Saturn design distance just the sb4s to allow the clearence needed but u do have to move the tunnel rails to line up with the sb4s.

Talonmotorsport 30th October 2013 07:35 AM

SB4 on the drivers side needs moving by 5mm but you also need to take the input flange into account and the prop shaft, I'll send you a proper set of drawings and pictures once I have got both the 1600 and 1800 in place.

Nismo1982 30th October 2013 09:14 AM

Great, thanks. I will leave my SB's tacked in place just now then and get the rear frame done.

J.brownster: good to see someone else going down the 'new' route. Seen ur name on the wishbone list too which is also what I'm doing. Should save a fair bit of time!
I'm off work this week so getting rear end done today then start stripping the donor next couple of days...good times! :D

j.brownster79 30th October 2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nismo1982 (Post 94296)
Great, thanks. I will leave my SB's tacked in place just now then and get the rear frame done.

J.brownster: good to see someone else going down the 'new' route. Seen ur name on the wishbone list too which is also what I'm doing. Should save a fair bit of time!
I'm off work this week so getting rear end done today then start stripping the donor next couple of days...good times! :D

Yea my name is on there but awaiting for Phil to send an invoice for me to pay him some money so there all ordered plus the diff cover but I think he must be a busy boy at the moment!

Talonmotorsport 9th November 2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.brownster79 (Post 94297)
Yea my name is on there but awaiting for Phil to send an invoice for me to pay him some money so there all ordered plus the diff cover but I think he must be a busy boy at the moment!

Justin, the invoice was sent to you on the 30th October please check your emails/spam.
All the components for all the TMXR wishbones that are on order have been cut and profiled ready for assembly.

sparkybagnall 8th December 2013 08:26 PM

just like to say thanks to phil i received my engine mounts as promised and there excellent very happy customer

any news on your roll cage yet

im lucky enough to be off to jan the 6th now and really hoping to make some progress on the car this month

xsnoiz 2nd March 2014 02:22 PM

Phil, what would be the damage for a set of plans? I'm in West Oz, so a chassis premade isn't an option for me.