Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

Stot 10th November 2013 09:26 PM

Should be fine. It just needs to be clear what the warning lights are but the logos don't need to be on the tell tale.

Quote:

Where provided Identification of Controls, Tell-tales and Indicators;
1. Must be clear so not to cause confusion.
2. Must be on or as close to the controls, tell-tales and indicators as possible as not to cause confusion.
3. Must stand out clearly from the background.
So as long as black on red satisfies 3 I Should be OK. Ill have some stickers with me just in case.

Cheers
Stot

Stot 6th March 2014 10:15 AM

Right I have been quiet long enough.

I have been procrastinating because of rain and the fact it took me 6 weeks to get my proof of age letter from Mazda...

I have a trailer now for the car so I can take it to the IVA and to carparks for some testing.

Weekend just passed was the first sunny weekend without rain round my way so I managed to get the car out for a bit of work. I managed to spend more time getting the electric winch on the trailer working, even though I dont even need it!

Changed the front brake discs because I had a pulsing when braking and that is now gone. I left the old brake pads in because I remember someone advising that their IVA man suggested using old pads over new pads for the test as they will have better bite that unbedded new pads.

I have the car on the trailer in the garage again for now.

Things I think I have left to do.

Finish fitting the flyscreen.
Paint and cover steering rack extensions.
Paint the wing brackets.
Get the headlights/dashboard illumination working together.
Fit interior carpets/sides.
Fit both sets of harnesses.
Refit the dash.
Replace a broken bonnet strap.
Replace all fluids.
Double Check and tighten all bolts.
Apply for IVA.

Not too much really if the sun will come out and play!

Cheers
Stot

Not Anumber 6th March 2014 10:29 AM

It looks excellent. Whats the origin of those rear wheels ?

K4KEV 6th March 2014 11:11 AM

yey Andy.....had wondered where you had got to, tell you what mate, get your iva off now cos you can always defer the date if you are not ready in time, plus it give you impetus to crack on......do it bud:D :D

Stot 6th March 2014 01:54 PM

The wheels are 15" VW G60 Corrado steelies. They look fairly similar to the original Lotus wheels which is why I like them and the4 x 100 PCD matches MX5 hubs so win win.

They are a lot heavier than the MX5 wheels with PROXES T1-Rs on though! Ill need to weigh them when I get the chance.

Kev, I might just do that now I have my Mazda letter. That was causing me a downer because I had to chase it 4 times. Paid 13th Jan and didnt get it til last week.

I got a new toy in the workshop too, a laser cutter. I have been mucking around with that too. Made a set of card gaskets to fix my compressor for example. I also made some test leather dial faces which look awesome in the light but you would need to front immuminate them for actual use. I may etch my mirrors with "Objects in mirror are getting further away"... :D

Cheers
Stot

K4KEV 6th March 2014 02:02 PM

now why do I get the inkling that your 1/2 way to a diy cnc plasma cutter:p :p

Stot 6th March 2014 07:45 PM

Dont think I have the room for a plasma one but the laser is great for the little things.

I was thinking an aluminium badge filled with coloured leather might be cool in the interior somewhere.

Heres the dial I did.

Cheers
Stot

K4KEV 6th March 2014 07:59 PM

cool:cool: ...although illumination during the night might be an issue....I like the way you are always thinking outside the box mate ...its brill and refreshing.

Stot 6th March 2014 09:07 PM

Cheers Kev,

It would need something like this above the dial but behind the cover for illumination.

I used this on my Jester which had metal MK1 Fiesta dials so no rear illumination. Leather dials would be great on the right car I think but you are limited to bright background with black marks.

Cheers
Stot

Not Anumber 6th March 2014 09:47 PM

The leather instrument face looks brilliant. Adds an element of steampunk elegance.