Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Build thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4493)

twinturbo 3rd March 2013 08:31 AM

Awesome work, glad you have finally sorted your Zorst. Love the tailpipe.

TT

flyerncle 3rd March 2013 06:11 PM

Kev if you need stuff in stainless bent I have a good contact that does Powerflow piping.

Johno 3rd March 2013 07:49 PM

Awesome work on the exhaust there Kev....:cool: :cool:
I really like the outlet with the brake pipe soldered to it..

K4KEV 5th March 2013 07:55 PM

cheers guys and thanks Paul will bear that in mind when I come to fit the sidewinder:eek:
bit of a come down since doing the exhaust...been messing on with the fuel delivery, have fitted a stand alone filter just before injection rail and a Sard FPR to save me doing it later when I will inevitably want to up the fuel pressure, so I have just finished the fuel system from tank to injun and am going to get back to the cooling system as I left that to do the exhaust. Once that is done I hope to chuck the wiring loom on and look for a first injun start at the week end. (trembles with exitement) ....only one pic today.... said refinements above.

Davidbolam 5th March 2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 88897)
cheers guys and thanks Paul will bear that in mind when I come to fit the sidewinder:eek:
bit of a come down since doing the exhaust...been messing on with the fuel delivery, have fitted a stand alone filter just before injection rail and a Sard FPR to save me doing it later when I will inevitably want to up the fuel pressure, so I have just finished the fuel system from tank to injun and am going to get back to the cooling system as I left that to do the exhaust. Once that is done I hope to chuck the wiring loom on and look for a first injun start at the week end. (trembles with exitement) ....only one pic today.... said refinements above.

Kev, your build looks brilliant. Keep putting up the pictures.

K4KEV 6th March 2013 08:57 PM

After something Bob said about plastic going hard and brittle....I changed my mind and gone for metal tubes between hoses where needed and in my usual fashion.....a rummage around the shed finds me a skeleton of one of those rotary air dryers that the missus condemned to the council tip (not on your life pet) a quick measure of the central pole leaves it tiny bit small but well within what a jubly would squeeze, but just to make sure I cut a couple of strips of copper from a scrap bit o pipe....polish up with a bit o steel wool and solder them on to the ends of the tube to recreate a bead ....I might just polish these up a little and lacquer as is.
cooling system should be all sorted tomoz even got me a nice easy two pin rad stat although I think I will still run it via a relay to be on the safe side.....here are some piccies as usual

twinturbo 7th March 2013 12:50 PM

I bet you go skip diving too ;)

Nice effot on the pipes...

TT

robo 9th March 2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 88935)
I bet you go skip diving too ;)

Nice effot on the pipes...

TT

There is a womble in all good roadster builders.:)

Bob

K4KEV 11th March 2013 06:30 PM

absolutely Bob and yes TT I have been known to do a little skip reccy or two when they are around.
Not a lot done last few days, just managed to do the compessor side of the induction ......two pipes joined in the middle one side to the turbo and one side to the plenum, no intercooler at present ....that will come after IVA. I am thinking along the lines of "get it on the road first" then I will tweek it to the way I want it
Bob.....checked my clutch MC travel against SC travel and there is about 1-2mm difference so I am thinking it will be ok.

K4KEV 12th March 2013 08:01 PM

Starting to move towards first engine start....so a new blood transfusion.....never thought I'd ever see Castrol GTX being one of the cheap oils to run around in a refreshed engine.....I think 500-700 miles then get some proppa stuff in:D
Probably put loom on top of chassis tomorrow and start connecting stuff,
will certainly be giving the engine a minute or so spin minus sparkies, just to get the oil all around the galleries and especially the tub cartridge.