Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suspension bolt group buy (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4423)

DStanley1809 8th June 2010 04:36 PM

Suspension bolt group buy

I had started another thread for this yesterday in the hope that it would be migrated across but appears it hasn't. So I will start another one :p

I have taken over the group buy as Ronnie/Bonzo has chosen to take a break from the forum.

The kits will contain exactly what they did when Ronnie was running the group buy:

2 x M12 X 260mm Bolts (Rear Uprights)
2 x M12 X 200mm Bolts (Diff Mounts)
20x xM12 X 75mm Bolts (Wishbones, Rear Camber Adjuster, Lower Shock Mounts)
6 x M12 X 60MM Bolts (Upper Rear and Front Shock Mounts)
30 x M12 Nyloc nuts (Type P - these are a bit thicker than normal nuts and better suited to suspension applications)
30 x M12 Plain full nuts (these are for test fitting components without ruining the Nyloc nuts)
60 x M12 Flat washers (Form A)
60 x M12 Black plastic nut covers.

All bolts are 8.8 high tensile and bright zinc plated. All the nuts and washers are bright zinc plated too.

I have emailed the same supplier Ronnie used but I am still awaiting a reply.

I went to see a place local to me today who deals in nuts and bolts. They can do everything apart from the M12x260mm and the nut covers. The price they gave me works out at £11.10 per set if I order 10 sets or £10.91 if I order 15 sets. As it stands, combining the list from Ronnies thread with the sets Saturn Sports Cars would like, 15 sets is what I will be ordering.

I am still trying to source the longer bolts and the nut covers although I know I can get them from the place Ronnie got them. I'll get a price for just the long bolts and covers as well as the complete set from them too. If it works out cheaper to combine the sets from two suppliers I will do that.

I still need to sort out postage costs too.

1) John Marchant (confirmed)
2) eSteve (confirmed - payment received)
3) TQ uk (confirmed - payment received)
4) wgroove (confirmed - payment received)
5) roadster v8 (confirmed - payment received)
6) mr-p (confirmed)
7) DStanley1809 (confirmed)
8) dan g8 (confirmed - payment received)
9) Headshot (confirmed - payment received)
10) Ssssnake (confirmed - payment received)
11) Saturn Sports Cars (spud69) x 6 sets (confirmed - payment received)
12) Homersdouble (confirmed - payment received)
13) Malcolm (confirmed - payment received)
14) Airhead (confirmed)
15) Eternal (confirmed - payment received)

If everybody above could let me know if they still want some or not I will update the list. If anyone else wants some I'm sure it will bring the price down even more :D

I'll be leaving it open until at least the end of the month, sorry about the long wait. I don't have the money at the moment to put the order in and it will give as many people as possible the chance to get in on the deal and bring the price down further.

spud69 8th June 2010 04:42 PM

Thanks David, i did post earlier but now we are back to normality the post has gone. But yes please put Saturn down for 5 sets, there are a lot of builders out there that do not use the forum so will be good to be able to offer this good deal to them to.

Regards.....AndyH

Homersdouble 8th June 2010 04:46 PM

Hi David

Firstly thanks stepping in and supporting this. Can you add my name to your list please for 1 set. Cheers chris

Headshot 8th June 2010 05:54 PM

I'm still in, many thanks for picking up the baton :)

eSteve 8th June 2010 06:21 PM

Thanks

Thanks for stepping up to continue Bonzo's group buy.

Yes, I'm still in.

roadster v8 8th June 2010 06:34 PM

Suspension bolt group buy

yes and me

dan_g8 8th June 2010 08:25 PM

im still in. thanks for carrying it on.

DStanley1809 8th June 2010 08:25 PM

Homersdouble, added you on :)

mr-p 8th June 2010 08:54 PM

Count me in please.

Cheers

The Ssssnake 8th June 2010 09:02 PM

Hi David

Yep, I,m still on board, many thanks Ssssnake ;)

DStanley1809 8th June 2010 09:38 PM

Can anyone who had a set from Ronnie remember the dimensions of the packages? Height, width, length and weight?

I think postage will be coming in at about £7 for next day service. This is with Parcel Monkey. This only £0.14 more than their economy service. This price also assumes that everyone lives on the mainland and not Northern Ireland/Scottish Islands etc.

Hopefully I can get this down a bit too if I phone them up and tell them I have 16+ parcels to send :D

gingea1pom 8th June 2010 09:48 PM

Good work Dave, you should take credit for taking this on.;)

Nice one:D

Cheers Ginge

Wgroove 8th June 2010 09:48 PM

Hello David,
I'm still in. I live in Belgium, if it is easy for you, i can send you money in advance.
Send you PM with my adress.

Thx,

Wim

DStanley1809 8th June 2010 10:07 PM

Wgroove, I won't be asking for payment from anyone until I have the bolts in my living room and ready to send out. However, I won't be sending any out until they have been paid for. Unfortunately, as you live in Belgium, postage will be a bit more. Cheapest I can find is £11.75.

Edit: I could close this group before the end of the month and put the order in sooner if everyone one wants to pay up front? The only reason I was going to leave it until the end of the month was because I really don't have all that much money at the moment (just out of uni, currently completing my first full month of work :p). I'll still need to hear from the people on the list who haven't yet confirmed though. I do appreciate that some people may not want to pay up front, having never met me and me being fairly new here :)

Malcolm 8th June 2010 10:41 PM

Hi david, could you please add me to your list.

Thankyou, Malcolm

DStanley1809 8th June 2010 11:00 PM

Malcolm, done :)

With regards to packaging, would people like them boxed up or are you happy with them being wrapped in bubble wrap and brown parcel paper? Trying to keep the costs as low as possible.

tkpm 8th June 2010 11:40 PM

Hi Dave,
The measurements are 110 x 110 x 330 approx: sorry got nothing to weight them with, will try and find something to weight them tomorrow.

Terry

tkpm 8th June 2010 11:41 PM

They are in wrap in cardboard then a shed load of parcel tape.

Terry

DStanley1809 9th June 2010 12:09 AM

Thanks Terry.

No need to worry about weighing them. Ronnie has spotted this thread as he had a quick look around earlier and has emailed me the information :)

DStanley1809 9th June 2010 12:27 PM

So I can work out a firm price I am going to put a 20 set cap on this group.

I found a place that can supply the longest bolts (which are by far the most expensive ones) for a lot less than the supplier Ronnie used can :D

Using the prices for 15 sets it's looking close to £14 + the postage :D

eSteve 9th June 2010 12:36 PM

That's a good deal.

If it keeps on getting cheaper we'll only have to pay for postage!:D

Let us know when you want paying.

I realise that this is a big order and if you want paying up-front let me know.

DStanley1809 9th June 2010 02:31 PM

Never underestimate the bargains a cash-strapped student can find :D

I've given my local supplier an updated quantity list for 20 sets. He's getting back to me with the new prices. I think the guy might be applying extra discount because he asked me how I knew about him. I told him I came across his shop while at uni and he said he usually does a little bit extra for uni students :D

Three sets left people, there must be someone out there that wants some!

Airhead 9th June 2010 04:42 PM

I will need them at some point so put me down for a set please.

DStanley1809 9th June 2010 04:46 PM

Airhead, done :)

Two sets left

The Ssssnake 9th June 2010 08:35 PM

David

As per eSteve mentioned earlier, drop me a PM when you need paying as nobody wants to see you shell out and leave yourself short...

Good work fella :D

DStanley1809 11th June 2010 08:50 AM

Bump to the top, we still two more people :)

TQ_uk 12th June 2010 10:36 AM

Sorry, been away on holiday so only just seen this thread. Nice one for taking this over - count me in as confirmed & no probs paying up front, just let me know how/how much...:)

Eternal 13th June 2010 02:55 PM

Count me in as well please! Let me know when you want cash.

Headshot 13th June 2010 05:43 PM

let me know when you want payment and I also will pay up front :cool:

DStanley1809 14th June 2010 03:26 PM

Hope you had a good holiday TQ uk :)

Eternal, adding you on now.

Just need to hear back from John Marchant and find one more person now. Then, if everyone is happy with this, I will ask for payment and get the orders in :D

spud69 14th June 2010 04:00 PM

If you get stuck David then put me down for 6 sets.....;)

If you like you can send me a PayPal invoice / request for money to andrew@saturnsportscars.co.uk and i'll get the money to you.

Cheers....AndyH

DStanley1809 14th June 2010 04:03 PM

Cheers Andy! I still need to hear back from John but if no body else comes forward by the time I hear from him I might take you up on that :)

John Marchant 16th June 2010 09:20 PM

Hi, sorry for the delay, but yes please count me in. Many thanks, John

DStanley1809 17th June 2010 09:18 PM

Thanks John.

I will phone round tomorrow and get the final prices for the increased number or kits and post back on here with a final kit cost including delivery. If Andy is still happy to take the final set I will ask people for payment. I would prefer bank transfer to avoid PayPal fees. If people wish to pay by PayPal I will add the fees. According to the PayPal website the fees will be 3.4% + £0.20. Once all the payments arrive I will put the orders in with the suppliers and then send the kits out once all the bits arrive.

Airhead 17th June 2010 10:43 PM

Lovely, thanks for sorting it.

DStanley1809 18th June 2010 01:27 PM

Final costs are below and include postage.

Spud69/Andy - for 6 kits the price comes in at exactly £100. I'll send you two parcels each containing 3 kits - this brings the postage down considerably compared to the postage for the rest of the kits. Postage will be next day before 6pm.

Wgroove - as you live in Belgium the postage cost is a bit higher. Total cost for you is £25.66. Postage will be 2-4 days, possibly a little longer if you live in a rural area.

Everyone else - £20.95. Delivery will be next day.

As before, I would prefer payment by bank transfer but I'm happy to take PayPal payment provided you pay the fees at 3.4% + £0.20 (prices above do not include the fees). Prices including fees:
Spud69/Andy - £103.60
Wgroove - £26.74
Everyone else - £21.87

Please PM me with with your preferred payment method as well as a postal address and I will reply with the details needed to send payment.

Eternal 18th June 2010 01:59 PM

Pm and payment sent :)

The Ssssnake 18th June 2010 03:49 PM

Suspension Group Buy

Dave

Pm sent with details. Many thanks

Jake

Malcolm 20th June 2010 12:29 AM

Dave

Payment sent, thank you.

Malcolm

Wgroove 20th June 2010 04:22 PM