Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saturn Sports Cars Ltd - SSC (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2922)

spud69 18th October 2009 08:13 PM

Saturn Sports Cars Ltd - SSC

As some of you will be aware, over the last few months i have been putting together a new business venture called "Saturn Sports Cars Ltd". Well from the 1st November the company will officially be up and running and ready to take any orders. The business is based in Hartlepool (heard all the monkey jokes) and will be providing services based on the Haynes Roadster concept by Chris Gibbs. We are currently securing a 120sqm unit fully equipped solely for operating Saturn from. Saturn will be producing roadster cars based on the Haynes Roadster but branded as SSC and also chassis, components and parts for other builders. Please feel free to have a look at the preview website www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/preview and we would welcome any feedback you may have (positive or negative). Please ignore the "stores" page as this is not finished yet and there is more to add. I believe that this company and service will be a major benefit to the Haynes Roadster brand going forward with the current roadster and other ventures going forward. Other services will be added to the website as they are developed.

From the onset "HandyAndy" will be on board with Saturn and will still be providing chassis packs under his own name but working from Saturn. As i'm sure you all know Andy has a major standing in the community and will be a great asset to Saturn and greatly assist in developing the brand as Haynes and Saturn. Andy will continue to provide his excellent chassis packs to all.

As part of the service a new addition will be to produce and provide the Gel coated body sets previously supplied by Mark at Triton Race Products, Saturn are in negotiations with Mark to purchase the moulds which will be handed over in the coming week. Prices for the sets will remain the same as well as quality and service previously provided by Mark. Mark is handing over the production of seats to his daughter and son-in-law who will continue to produce the Triton seats. Saturn will also be developing a body set based on the AC Cobra / shelby style kit for use on the Haynes chassis. Work will also continue in the development of the body set for the Single Seater car currently in the design and development stage by Chris Gibbs. These are part of the handover from Mark and will be used in the new design by Chris.

Please feel free to raise any concerns or queries that anybody may have prior to the website and business officially starting on the 1st November 2009

Best Regards....Andrew Hugill and HandyAndy

Now i've got that out the way i'm off to the pub for a few celebratory drinks for Jenson's success.....:)

AshG 18th October 2009 08:21 PM

should be interesting :D

gingea1pom 18th October 2009 08:21 PM

May I be the first to wish you well

Excellent and well done.

I wish I had the coconuts to do something like that.

Saved in my favourites and I will watch you grow.

Good luck

Cheers Ginge

Tatey 18th October 2009 08:24 PM

All i have to say is wow :D. Sounds like you've got it all sorted, you dont happen to need any part time help from an inexperienced labourer do you? :p :D

One comment i do have to make is, i feel that you should change the first image on the website to the second one, as i personally feel it looks better. :p

fabbyglass 18th October 2009 09:10 PM

It was a hard decision for me to make but one that had to be done, that or go fruit loop:o

I would like to wish the two Andy's all the best with things and a bright future with their new venture.

Ed and Emma will work together producing the seats and intend keeping seats in stock. Stock items will be in black with colours to order. The website will be altered shortly with contact details etc.

Tickety boo all round really and chuffed to bits all the hard work over the last 18 months or so is to be carried on by perhaps more enthusiastic loons than me....;)

Chris Gibbs 18th October 2009 09:30 PM

I'd like to wish the two Andys good luck with their new venture and place on record my thanks to Mark for all his hard work in aiding the promotion of the Roadster book and his recent work on the single seater.

It's much appreciated mate, I owe you a few pints. ;)

Cheers

Chris :)

tkpm 18th October 2009 10:28 PM

Best of luck for your new venture, i'm sure will have geat success with it.

Will Saturn Sports Cars be at the Exeter Show.

davielad 19th October 2009 08:26 AM

good luck!

the website looks very good. congrats!
hope it goes well for you both.
davie

HandyAndy 19th October 2009 09:48 AM

We,d like to say thanks to all for your kind words of support & the messages of wishing us good luck & success for Saturn Sports Cars Ltd,

its an exciting time for us both, one we are both eager to embark upon, & relish the challenge of making Saturn a resounding success.

again, many thanks for your support.:)

cheers
Andy:)

dogwood 19th October 2009 10:00 AM

Hi, I want to add my congrats to you and Handyandy.

It looks like a great venture, and I'm sure it will do well.
Not only to supply a complete car ready to go,
for those without the time or know how to build it themselves.
But also to supply all the parts as a one off,
so a builder can buy them as budget allows.

I like the look of your web site as well.
Nice and easy to use, with all the info there
without having to klick dozens of windows to get where you want to be.

On a personal note.
If you could find an easy way of getting it registered in France.
It would make it perfek....:rolleyes: :D

David

Bonzo 19th October 2009 10:01 AM

Good news

That is great news :cool:

I hope the venture is a great success & I am sure that it will be. :) :)

Well done to you both.

The web site is cool ;)

HandyAndy 19th October 2009 10:09 AM

Thanks David & Ronnie,

now there may need to be another change

as we,re both called Andy & both of our cars are Tango orange it may get confusing :confused: so maybe i need to change my name & be known as "shorty" :o :D

once again thanks to all for your support, :cool:

cheers
andy ( shorty )

Bonzo 19th October 2009 10:24 AM

Nah, get spud to change his name to lofty :D :D

Once again, all the best to both of you :) :)

dogwood 19th October 2009 10:54 AM

Yea Lofty and Shorty.......:D

Now there's a pair for ya....:eek:

spud69 19th October 2009 11:05 AM

Thanks to you all, the support so far has been very encouraging. And we really appreciate it....:)

As for names i think either:

Sooty and Sweep

or

Bugger and Sod

Again thanks to everyone and i'm sure we will return the support in service and by developing Haynes Roadster and SSC as a brand name similar to other cars

Regards.....AndyH

Janne E 19th October 2009 11:16 AM

Good Luck!

I wish you both good luck and hopes it will be a succes!!!:) :)

Cheers Janne E / Sweden

3GE Components 19th October 2009 12:25 PM

Good luck fellas :)

If you need any help, don't be affraid to ask. ;)

Kind regards

John

HandyAndy 19th October 2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3GE Components (Post 23421)
Good luck fellas

If you need any help, don't be affraid to ask. ;)

Kind regards

John

Thanks John, thats very kind of you :)

hope you are ok & wish you the very best .

cheers

andy...aka shorty :rolleyes: :D

DaddyA 19th October 2009 04:01 PM

Good luck fella's with your new enterprise,

hope it all works out.

Web site looks good as well.

Coozer 19th October 2009 04:07 PM

Good news chaps, good luck with the venture.

PS: Any jobs going?

Steve:) :)

HandyAndy 19th October 2009 04:12 PM

thanks Guys :)

its an exciting time :cool: as for jobs..... we,ve ran out of new names for anyone else at the moment :o :D

andy aka shorty

car.mad 19th October 2009 05:10 PM

looks good!

congrats :cool:

Jake

mark 19th October 2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 23434)
thanks Guys :)

its an exciting time :cool: as for jobs..... we,ve ran out of new names for anyone else at the moment :o :D

andy aka shorty

Good luck fellas, like i said when/if you need a hand im happy to help out in my spare time and im only a minute down the down the road too, then we can be teessides answer to the three stooges!

And make sure you pay attention when making those body sets as im first inline for one!

HandyAndy 19th October 2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 23446)
Good luck fellas, like i said when/if you need a hand im happy to help out in my spare time and im only a minute down the down the road too, then we can be teessides answer to the three stooges!

And make sure you pay attention when making those body sets as im first inline for one!

Thanks Mark ,

all we need to know now is what colour???? will it be the three stooges that have been Tango,d???:eek: :D

cheers
Shorty:eek:

spud69 19th October 2009 07:17 PM

that's great, cheers Mark.

Does that mean we're going to have three orange cars within 10 miles of each other...We just need to get on the track and see who has the fastest orange one....:D ;)

mark 19th October 2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 23447)
Thanks Mark ,

all we need to know now is what colour???? will it be the three stooges that have been Tango,d???:eek: :D

cheers
Shorty:eek:

Probably, but with black wheel arches

The pictures of spuds car on the website look superb so thats decided it for me

So yes please i will take a full body set in the same tone as David Dickinson :D

spud69 19th October 2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 23449)
Probably, but with black wheel arches

The pictures of spuds car on the website look superb so thats decided it for me

So yes please i will take a full body set in the same tone as David Dickinson :D

Thanks Mark, the website will be up and running soon. There's just the body sets to go on now, i've been promised they will be complete over the next day or two.

Regards....AndyH

mark 19th October 2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 23448)
that's great, cheers Mark.

Does that mean we're going to have three orange cars within 10 miles of each other...We just need to get on the track and see who has the fastest orange one.... ;)

That will be handyandy then, even with a standard cvh as there will be less
drag............................................

coz he cant see over the scuttle :D

Not like us gorrillas :eek: :D

fabbyglass 19th October 2009 07:40 PM

"Little and large".......there yer go sorted;)

Janne E 19th October 2009 08:33 PM

And Marks last bodywork goes to..................SWEDEN!!!

Cheers Janne E:) :)

HandyAndy 19th October 2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 23453)

coz he cant see over the scuttle

Not like us gorrillas

i might be small but as i found in my bike racing days, i,m probably carrying 30kgs less weight :p late braking was my "ace card" as less MASS to slow down , either that or i,m attaching a tow rope to the back of Spud,s car :D

shorty:cool:

ps .... i,m using a childs booster cushion to see over the scuttle:o

spud69 19th October 2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 23453)

coz he cant see over the scuttle :D

Not like us gorrillas :eek: :D

First job to do Mark is to make Andy a periscope to see over the scuttle :D

And we'll have more weight over the rear wheels, more grip, in the corners..........

frankie boy 19th October 2009 09:33 PM

HI
Good luck guys with your new venture.
Was thinking of getting some parts from Mark for my new project?
What will be the time scale now? and will the quality be the same.

spud69 19th October 2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie boy (Post 23458)
HI
Good luck guys with your new venture.
Was thinking of getting some parts from Mark for my new project?
What will be the time scale now? and will the quality be the same.

Hello Frank,

Thanks for the support, its appreciated.

Timescale at the moment for new body parts would be supplied by mid to end November for orders placed soon. We are just in the moving process to the new unit but by 1st November everything will be up and running.

With regards to the bodies we are having an extensive hand over with Fabby so that we can ensure that quality matches that of Marks excellent reputation.

Any new company is built on referrals on quality and customer delivery so this is our top priority.

Again Thanks for the Support........AndyH

fabbyglass 19th October 2009 11:29 PM

Old tat or overalls you don't mind throwing away or better still some of those suits spray painters use.....then we can have a wee play with the runny stuff.

Balidey 20th October 2009 09:12 AM

Good luck with the new venture.

But I saw the SSC in the title and imediatly thought of the Thrust SSC and the new Bloodhound SSC. Obviously that SSC stands for Super Sonic Car.

spud69 20th October 2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balidey (Post 23468)
Good luck with the new venture.

But I saw the SSC in the title and imediatly thought of the Thrust SSC and the new Bloodhound SSC. Obviously that SSC stands for Super Sonic Car.

Thank You.....That was the idea Balidey just to get people thinking, SSC, you where the first one to catch on.

Well Done.......;)

deezee 20th October 2009 11:56 AM

Sadly, when I think of Saturn cars, I think of the God awful American car brand :eek: If you play computer games, they are the entry level, cheapo car in Gran Turismo and Forza. I'm hopeful that your company will change my association to a high quality kit car manufacturer :D

Jimmyd 20th October 2009 01:20 PM

Good luck chaps I hope all goes well!!

If you're looking rid of body panel "seconds", the ones that you've practised on cheap let me know.

J

Well if you don't ask ......

HandyAndy 20th October 2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyd (Post 23472)
Good luck chaps I hope all goes well!!

If you're looking rid of body panel "seconds", the ones that you've practised on cheap let me know.

J

Well if you don't ask ......

thanks Jimmyd,

"if you don,t ask" ????? :D :D

cheers
shorty :o