Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Running gear (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   peddal box supply or group buy? (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6876)

baz-r 7th August 2011 11:53 AM

peddal box supply or group buy?

im stuck on getting hold of a peddal box fo my build!
anyone got one spare or know of supply? or even alternative doner solution
if not im thinking of getting sets laser cut as i have converted the book drawings to dxf's (type9) so if there is no relible supply please pm me your interst and will get quotes and sets cut if and when i get mine done
please say what mc hole size you need and if people want mt75 type i will have to knock up some new files so put that in your pm please

i dont want to tread on anyones toes in the roadster supply world BTW
more of a self help thing

spud69 8th August 2011 11:15 AM

I've sent you an e-mail Barry, i have a few spare cnc bits you could use to make your own.

Andrew

Tilly819 8th August 2011 12:11 PM

i may have to make a new one for mine since changing the tunnel, if i do this then i will have one spare, give me a couple of days and i will have made a descision on what i am doing.

tilly

baz-r 9th August 2011 04:46 PM

just drop me a pm tilly if you do want to part with your peddels :)

baz-r 13th August 2011 02:29 PM

!!!!group buy!!!!

i have had a quote done for a 10x type9 pedal box with a hole to take the 41mm type master cylender (bolt holes will need drilling) so should be able take both types of m/c but you will need to check. all the cut plates all as in book spec but the brake pedal has been tweeked it now has an arc instead of that nasty kink on the foot side (its a weak point)
all seprate plates that weld together you would have to sort your own bushes and tubes
i have worked it out to be £25+vat for a set with no postage.
if you need a mt75 type or you want somthing slightly diffrent let me know
i dont know what the smaller type master bulkhead hole is so i can delete it or ajust my file to suit.
i need a minimum of 10 to be able to do this offer so please be quick
i will need payment when the orders are colected and posted this is what it is costing me and im not making a penny i just need a set for myself and there is no supply at this moment in time and co. i have been to ar not intersted in doing small jobs

1.baz-r (std t9 41mm hole)

Talonmotorsport 13th August 2011 03:54 PM

Will the back plate be bent for the asking price or are you planning on having the plate cut short then let people find some angle to weld on? Although £25 is a very good price if it's just supplied as flat sections. I'm still waiting on my laser place to get back to me they've had the pedal box drawings 2 weeks already :rolleyes:

robo 13th August 2011 04:38 PM

Whats the latest on this? Is someone going to be making book versions of the pedal box? Sooooooooooooooonish?:confused:

Also need to know how to tell the difference between a type 9 gear tunnel and the other version. What i have works for me but i dont know what i have.

Bob

brainbug007 13th August 2011 06:34 PM

I'd be interested in this, although I thought the book spec for the pedals was too thin at 3mm and should be done in 5mm as they tend to bend easy?

vmax1974 14th August 2011 10:28 AM

Put me down for a set

baz-r 14th August 2011 10:50 AM

its all flat bits made to weld together to make life easy and more sutable to tweek to suit your build
brake is 5mm thick with the weak point removed and the clutch is 3mm as is the throttle(no chance on the throttle bending)
i could up the clutch thickness but it will effect the price or i could add one extra clutch arm plate and you could weld two together (easy option at £1.50 extra)
or how about braceing it with somthing that is what im planing as the cable may not fit if its thicker also i understand its bending only on short throw clutches (zetec fwd clutch plates) without moving the cable hole nearer to the pivot point

as soon as i have 10 order is going in btw

if you want just copy and paste yourself into the list with any extras you want

baz-r 14th August 2011 10:53 AM

2.vmax1974

baz-r 14th August 2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo (Post 62740)
Whats the latest on this? Is someone going to be making book versions of the pedal box? Sooooooooooooooonish?:confused:

Also need to know how to tell the difference between a type 9 gear tunnel and the other version. What i have works for me but i dont know what i have.

Bob

the mt75 is thinner in the foot well area there is details in the amendments section

mark 14th August 2011 11:39 AM

The clutch pedal definately needs to be 5mm regardless of clutch set up, its fine until you push it at a slight angle and then it would fold over like a piece of cardboard!

spud69 14th August 2011 11:52 AM

Would agree with Mark there Baz, when you get these cut have all the pedals in 5mm but the clutch will definitely bend in 3mm. The ones i sent you where in 5mm and are a lot stronger.

Hope you don't mind me saying......Andrew

baz-r 14th August 2011 12:23 PM

ok option is i can get a requote for 5mm clutch arms or we dobble up the 3mm and weld together ones to make 6mm
looking at the costing of the 5mm bits it would work out about the same.

this is all simple to sort my main issue is to get takers for all 10 sets :o

im also looking for some roll bar plates for the seatbelt mounts and zetec engine mount plates and an inlet plate if i can get a dxf for it
anyone want some?

brainbug007 14th August 2011 12:35 PM

Ok I'll measure up my master cylinder later this afternoon as no idea what size it is.

baz-r 14th August 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainbug007 (Post 62785)
Ok I'll measure up my master cylinder later this afternoon as no idea what size it is.

if it has a step in the bit that goes in the bulkhead its the bendix type (big hole)
the other type is lucas (small hole) it hoping it could just be fitted inthe bigger hole

email sent out for 5mm clutch pedal btw

brainbug007 14th August 2011 12:51 PM

Ok, ill take a picture as that might make it easy for you to identify and i'll take some rough measurements. I'd prefer all the pedals in 5mm if possible & happy to pay a bit more for it.

baz-r 14th August 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainbug007 (Post 62789)
Ok, ill take a picture as that might make it easy for you to identify and i'll take some rough measurements. I'd prefer all the pedals in 5mm if possible & happy to pay a bit more for it.

email sent for thicker clutch im sure you dont want a 5mm throttle pedal do you? i have one you can have if you realy want its a bit overkill for me

baz-r 14th August 2011 01:23 PM

bendix type big hole all orignals have step in end there are mor than one type but all take same hole as far as i can tell. some have ford cast in the side
41mm hole needed

lucas/girling smaller hole can be steel tube (not cast) all have thinner straight end dont know hole size but is smaller

brainbug007 14th August 2011 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the master cylinder I have, it came out of a 1993 1.8 CVH CFi. I tried to measure it and it looks like roughly 41mm but it's hard to be sure as the bit at the top isnt the same as the bit at the bottom so to speak. If possible I would prefer the throttle in 5mm as well as the brake & clutch. I know it's probly overkill but it'd be a right pain to remake at a later date if it bent / broke.

mark 14th August 2011 03:56 PM

Its totally down to personal preference but the 3mm throttle pedal seems totally fine as you dont apply anywhere near the pressure you do to the clutch or brake

baz-r 14th August 2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainbug007 (Post 62799)
Here's the master cylinder I have, it came out of a 1993 1.8 CVH CFi. I tried to measure it and it looks like roughly 41mm but it's hard to be sure as the bit at the top isnt the same as the bit at the bottom so to speak. If possible I would prefer the throttle in 5mm as well as the brake & clutch. I know it's probly overkill but it'd be a right pain to remake at a later date if it bent / broke.

its the bit on the far left we are intersted in from what i can see its got a step in it so its a (41mm) big hole type there are ones with difrent outlet postions and as i said i have a throttle peddal in 5mm spare i can put in your kit just ad yourself to the list with a note if you want it :)

im not doing any 5mm throttles as i cant get anywhere to do less than 10 sets and i dont want to f**k the guy about its been hard enough to get anyone to do a quote to do the job and i am not doing this for profit just so i can get a set for my own car!

brainbug007 14th August 2011 08:14 PM

2.vmax1974
3.brainbug007 (std t9 41mm hole, all 3 pedals in 5mm plate)

baz-r 15th August 2011 05:46 PM

*update*
i have new quote in for box with 5mm thick clutch arm all kits will have this and new price is £26+vat each with no postage (will sort for as cheap as poss)
people have been asking if i can get plate bent? i have the bottom and side bits as seprate flat plate so you weld together at required angles as most of us dont have a bender and some may wish to weld the backplate stright into bulkhead area for extra strength

im needing some of them c shape bits that go on the roll bar cross bar as well for the belt mount tubes £5 set of 4

brainbug007 15th August 2011 06:15 PM

Are the set of 4 for 5 quid the things that get tapped to that odd imperial thread for the top of the seat belt harness to bolt into?

baz-r 15th August 2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainbug007 (Post 62893)
Are the set of 4 for 5 quid the things that get tapped to that odd imperial thread for the top of the seat belt harness to bolt into?

its the flat plate that the taped tube fits inside then both are welded to the cross bar its needed for strength

kechiche 15th August 2011 08:01 PM

pedal box wanted

hi buz-r i have been refered from a guy of ebay he may be here as a member i have lost a auction on ebay for floor mouted pedal box made out of still and have ask him if he got a spair one he said get in touch with if you do have spair one as i read your thread it look like you may be able to help me,
so i am building a haynes roaster and desperate for floor mount pedal box it has to be floor mount cause of my chassis lay out,pls see what you can do and let me know,thanks Alex:)

brainbug007 15th August 2011 08:28 PM

I'd be interested in a set of the bits for the seat belts then :)

baz-r 16th August 2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kechiche (Post 62901)
hi buz-r i have been refered from a guy of ebay he may be here as a member i have lost a auction on ebay for floor mouted pedal box made out of still and have ask him if he got a spair one he said get in touch with if you do have spair one as i read your thread it look like you may be able to help me,
so i am building a haynes roaster and desperate for floor mount pedal box it has to be floor mount cause of my chassis lay out,pls see what you can do and let me know,my email ,thanks Alex:)

well for a start its baz-r! :rolleyes: welcome to the site
what you need to do is cut and paste the list into a new post and add your name to it :)
it would also be a real good idea to remove your email address buy using the edit button on your last as you never know who or what its going to be used for in the internet!

baz-r 29th August 2011 04:33 PM

group buy now closed

sorry to all on the list group buy is now closed due to not enough takers to get a complete order :( i offerd it up at cost to hopefuly get a quick 10 takers with minimum hassle but it seems to be more than its worth.
i now have had to make alternative arangments so i can progress my build and have had to get a very nice set of drop down pedals made to take the std sierra m/c that im very happy with.

if anyone wishes to do thair own leg work and get a new group buy going please feel free
i also have a set of pedal arms and foot plates only all in 5mm that i no longer need (from ssc) if anyone needs them please pm me

vmax1974 29th August 2011 04:54 PM

No worries bud