Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   who`s doing what (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13538)

robo 24th November 2014 12:04 AM

who`s doing what

Curiosity regarding how many builds in progress or dormant

tkpm 24th November 2014 01:01 AM

In progress

garyt 24th November 2014 05:49 AM

in progress :)

metal matt 24th November 2014 07:17 AM

In progress :D

And living the dream :D

twinturbo 24th November 2014 08:21 AM

Dormant... I guess I am one of the few forum active dormant builders..

Garage is in a mess, 2 sierras without engines in ( one engine prominient in garage ).

Loom for roadster touched once in 12 months. Been sitting on dining room floor....

Need to finish inner wing welding on Sierra #2 so I can get that engine back inand make it mobile and increase space... Hope there are a few dry weekends over winter to try and get some time.

TT

flyerncle 24th November 2014 08:35 AM

WIP-work in progress.

TheArf 24th November 2014 09:18 AM

Work in progress

Rosco 24th November 2014 10:38 AM

in progress, started about a month ago and progressing well!

K4KEV 24th November 2014 11:32 AM

Now sorned ....about to start a re-hash .....better dashboard/instrumentation....another engine ....more noise efficient silencer... water meth tank....better rear lights....aerofoiling on front wishbone assemblies and better interior if I have time.(TIME what the F is that)

gtipping 24th November 2014 12:48 PM

Work in progress - very slow progress

Enoch 24th November 2014 12:51 PM

My build is now a million miles away from the Roadster concept due to the huge number of changes required to accommodate the V12 and 2 turbos. The chassis is basically built, it now uses a Jag front instead of the custom twin wishbone arrangement. It's much stronger and with much better geometry than what I had originally built. I lost my Mum a month ago and have had no enthusiasm since. I hope to kick myself up the arse and get back on to it soon. For now my project is dormant.
Dave.

rpjg1975 24th November 2014 02:34 PM

Still plodding on although redundancy and custody battles taking up most of my time at the moment

Russ

The V8 Files 24th November 2014 04:35 PM

I chose build in progress but probably more truthfully would be that I'm in denial and its actually more like a dormant build as it seems I'm making very little progress.

The dream is still there but family life is not playing fairly, although as always hope to crack on soon :rolleyes:

Stot 24th November 2014 04:52 PM

Completed build, still in progress. :o

Cheers
Stot

loony 24th November 2014 05:04 PM

After longer break - build in progress, again ;)

richardwarry 24th November 2014 05:46 PM

Build in progress but picking up speed:D :D :D

KenK 24th November 2014 06:36 PM

Slow progress!!

TalonMotorFabrication 24th November 2014 06:38 PM

Build 1 started August 2010 1600cvh with type9 box got as far as fitting engine and box before being cut in half after 3 months due to taking up too much space. No progress due to total lack of funds gearbox,diff and shafts sold to help pay workshop rent, front and rear chassis sections in storage to use as templates for body work.

Build 2 started July 2012 2ltr Impreza engine, gearbox locked to make RWD chassis made 100mm wider, 40% of chassis material recovered to supply bits for a flatpack. Engine and gearbox weighed in for scrap 18 months later.

Build 3 started Feb 2014 1600 mx5 TMXR prototype engine/gearbox/diff/floor fitted currently working on wiring loom,fuel and brake lines very slow progress. Hoping to get this one finished wearing my own GRP parts by Aug 2015...we will see how that goes :rolleyes:

flyerncle 24th November 2014 06:53 PM

Nose splitter Kev.....;)

Richard Dryden 24th November 2014 08:59 PM

Slow, slow progress

davidimurray 24th November 2014 09:27 PM

IVA'd been on the road for 12 months, now about to be SORN'd and ripped apart to replace the 1800 Pinto with a 2L Duratec.

SeriesLandy 24th November 2014 11:35 PM

On the road but not complete. A aero screen mod or maybe a windscreen to make it a little more drive able.
So time next year to enjoy it would be nice.

fangorn 25th November 2014 08:02 AM

still in slow motion !!http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

:D Waiting for my friendly welder to fully weld my chassis ( I tack welded it) It will then be a mission to find all my MX5 bits, stored in,around and under the house ! with luck the motor should still be in the carport ? Can,t wait to start making progress. Cheers, Ken (from NZ).:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Numplumb 25th November 2014 11:28 AM

Build in progress slowly getting there been at since Oct 2012
Mick:)

scutter 25th November 2014 11:59 AM

In progress, but very slowly as house renovation is taking up most of the time. also waiting on parts suppliers to deliver. (exhaust bends mainly).

ATB Dan

dubzter 25th November 2014 12:55 PM

At the planning stage, chassis deposit paid to our friendly chassis builder par excellence, building up a parts list and on the hunt for a donor.

Hoping to start Q1 next year although baby dubzter no2 due at the end of March :D

vmax1974 25th November 2014 03:29 PM

Abandoned my first build but planning my second next year

alga 25th November 2014 03:36 PM

Hey, most completed builds are never really finished, but it would have been nice to have a category for "on the road".

Dualist 25th November 2014 04:59 PM

Mine has been dormant for nearly a year now, I was hoping to get back on it this summer but I brought a boxster s and been just driving that when I was off work and now that is in my workshop up on ramps with the engine out. But it does mean that I have a large car space to work on it when the porker is back on the road.

voucht 25th November 2014 06:46 PM

Car completed, and registered today :)

But as everyone knows, a build is never over, so mine can be considered "still in progress" as well. I don't want to do a lot of stuffs on the car, I mostly want to enjoy it, and stop spending crazy money on it, as I have other plans for 2015, especially going back to travel the world and dive.

But the car has been weighted 687 kg with a full fuel tank. it is a lot, that is the part I'm not happy with, and the work I'm going to do along the way is trying to reduce this weight. Brakes, battery, perhaps seats... we'll see :eek:

CTWV50 25th November 2014 09:30 PM

Waiting for my IVA date, forms sent today. :) Money in bank waiting for the huge withdrawal! :(

Badger 25th November 2014 11:38 PM

Build ongoing, started August last year. Just finished changing the engine from a BMW 2.8 to a Jag 3.0 - I'm now back where I was in early September - brake lines!

JasonL 26th November 2014 07:51 AM

95% of donor stripped and deposit down for chassis and wishbones.

At the beginning of a long road (especially between work, little ones and keeping the wife happy by not spending too much time in the garage), but loving it... so far at least! :D

skov 26th November 2014 11:09 AM

All done :p

Stot 26th November 2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skov (Post 99318)
All done :p

Thought you were going to fit a whacking great turbo?

Cheers
Stot

skov 26th November 2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 99319)
Thought you were going to fit a whacking great turbo?

Cheers
Stot

The spool up time must be about a week on that thing, lol

I gave up on the turbo idea after deciding:
a. I couldn't be ar5ed
b. I didn't want to spend any more money on the car... and
c. it's quick enough for me as it is

Stot 26th November 2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skov (Post 99321)
The spool up time must be about a week on that thing, lol

I gave up on the turbo idea after deciding:
a. I couldn't be ar5ed
b. I didn't want to spend any more money on the car... and
c. it's quick enough for me as it is

All fair points.

I wanted more low down power in mine, it couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding below 4k so im hoping my small turbo will help that.

Cheers
Stot

onedayTM 26th November 2014 01:17 PM

still in progress, but very, very slow cant seem to get time on it, should really get rid but I'm still hoping oneday?
tony

skov 26th November 2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 99322)
All fair points.

I wanted more low down power in mine, it couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding below 4k so im hoping my small turbo will help that.

Cheers
Stot

Mines the same, I just try to keep it above 4k :)
It reminds me of an old 2 stroke Yamaha with a broken power valve I once had.
As you opened the throttle you got nothing...nothing...nothing...nothing...WHEELIE!!!
Great fun :D

CTWV50 26th November 2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stot (Post 99322)
All fair points.

Cheers
Stot

Quote:

Originally Posted by skov (Post 99324)
Mines the same, I just try to keep it above 4k :)
It reminds me of an old 2 stroke Yamaha with a broken power valve I once had.
As you opened the throttle you got nothing...nothing...nothing...nothing...WHEELIE!!!
Great fun :D

You boys should of fitted the 90bhp, later spec 1.6 engine, like me! ;)