Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Build Officially Started! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736)

Tatey 26th June 2012 12:36 PM

I have to say it's not been too bad up until recently when all of the parts started arriving....but soon they should all be in place and give me a lot more room. I'm looking forward to moving out so I can get my own garage without all of my parents stuff in the way....

Tatey 26th June 2012 08:03 PM

I've now managed to get all brake lines mounted except for the one down the tunnel, I need to drill holes in some ali strip and then rivet that into the tunnel. The rest of the brake lines are held in with Cleco fasteners until I get round to buying a new riveter tomorrow, here are some more pictures:

Tatey 26th June 2012 08:04 PM

voucht 26th June 2012 08:59 PM

Very neat Simon, really!
And thank you for the pictures, it is very nice for me to see the first complete brake line set from us fitted on a Haynes Roadster :) And I'm glad that everything looks to be fitting well now!
Could you, when you have time, show a picture of the bulkhead fitting through the additional bracket you welded under CP14 please? I'm dying to see it! Thanks.
Hope to fit my own brake line set before the end of this summer (which has not started yet in Sweden :mad: )
And the rest of the car looks terrific too :cool:
I'm amazed how quick you go with your build, congratulations.

deezee 26th June 2012 09:59 PM

Do you have a certificate to say the hose is suitable for brake fluid? I got asked this on my IVA. They wouldn't accept a reciept either, Chadderton wanted an actual certificate of conformity! They just accept that copper is suitable, but asked about my flexi hose to the calipers.

Tatey 26th June 2012 11:32 PM

Sylvain, I will make sure to take a picture tomorrow off it, I was holding off until I had the aluminium strip in place to make it look a bit neater. Feel free to use my pictures on your site if you like, I can send full res pictures via email if you'd like to use them and some more up to date ones when I have them riveted in place instead of held with clecos.

Deezee what did you say about your flexi lines? Did you get away without a certificate?

Tatey 27th June 2012 09:09 AM

Sylvain, as promised here are the pictures of the bulkhead bracket.

voucht 27th June 2012 02:05 PM

Ahh very nice. It think it is a great and neat solution rather than tuning around CP14. Thanks for the pics :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezee (Post 75159)
Do you have a certificate to say the hose is suitable for brake fluid? I got asked this on my IVA. They wouldn't accept a reciept either, Chadderton wanted an actual certificate of conformity! They just accept that copper is suitable, but asked about my flexi hose to the calipers.

May be they expect the flexi hose to be in copper :D

Sorry... more seriously, regarding the certificates, no worries, the hoses are road approved and I will supply you with all the necessary paperwork, including the certificate saying the hose is brake fluid resistant. I sent you an email regarding this.

K4KEV 27th June 2012 04:29 PM

Sylvain....it might be a good idea to put up a pdf or jpg letter of the conformity of the pipework for those of us who have decided on that long pipe down the trans tunnel.

voucht 27th June 2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 75183)
Sylvain....it might be a good idea to put up a pdf or jpg letter of the conformity of the pipework for those of us who have decided on that long pipe down the trans tunnel.

Definitely Kev', or by email when I know the order is being shipped, so they don't have to think about the paperwork at the workshop.
Thanks.