Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Engine/transmission (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Shiny Bits (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8265)

robo 10th July 2012 09:41 PM

Shiny Bits

Its engine building time so I dug out the stuff for the roadster lump. They make it really easy in the states by packaging up whatever you want as a complete ready to go matched set up. It really only leaves boring the block and a balance job. The kit i got is forged crank, 10.5 forged pistons, forged eagle I beam rods ,hp oil pump , timing gear set to do away with the chains and sprocket, all the studs and gaskets, pushrods roller tip rockers, hd bearings and tons of small bits and bobs like core plugs. All this comes in at less money than i spent reconditioning a poxy vw diesel engine.

Bob

The V8 Files 10th July 2012 10:17 PM

I'm so not jealous! No, not a bit! Really I mean it not at all! :)

Bonzo 10th July 2012 10:20 PM

Oooohhh I have just soiled myself

I must say, that is a nice bench full of bling you have there Bob :)

Please may I have the electrical sockets on your wall :D

Looking forward to viewing the V8 engine when it is all dressed up.

If for any reason you get bored with the V8 donate it to me, my F27 really deserves to have another V8 fitted :D :D

HandyAndy 10th July 2012 10:46 PM

can,t say much apart from

Mmmmmmmmmmmm :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

twinturbo 10th July 2012 11:11 PM

i bet it cost a fraction of the cost of a uk rebuild kit..

Nice

SeriesLandy 11th July 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 75775)
I must say, that is a nice bench full of bling you have there Bob :)

Please may I have the electrical sockets on your wall :D

Looking forward to viewing the V8 engine when it is all dressed up.

If for any reason you get bored with the V8 donate it to me, my F27 really deserves to have another V8 fitted :D :D

Lol, that is exactly what I was thinking Ronnie
Do you have a big transformer running your 110v or just a little one?

Rest of the bling looks good too!

robo 11th July 2012 02:59 PM

The whole engine inc heads block and inj will come in at under 3K. The kit is a stroker kit to take it to 347 cu inch 5.7 ltr. It was left over from another engine that took a change in direction so really its being recycled.. It seemed a shame not to use it as its all forged and can stand up to 600hp and a 200hp shot of nos if I ever get that brave. The basic engine will be around 350/400 hp because the high advertised figures the yanks banter about with are referred to as happy dyno or magazine hp just to fool people. Like this,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/500Hp-Small-...sories&vxp=mtr

If that was brought here and dynoed it would probably be around the 400/450 hp . The good thing about the stroker is the engine capacity+hp within the ultra light and compact small block ford. The 350 chev is bigger all round and 60+ kg heavier.

Stop taking the piss out of the plugs, when i had the toy shed refurbed I littered the walls withe three phase ,240 and 110 plugs because i got the dog with all the trailing leads. Its now just an area for my toys and its great. Will take some pickies

Bob

K4KEV 11th July 2012 03:39 PM

(spoken in a strong brummy accent)
Well that a luvly bench isn't it ....a nice blu wi sparkly bits in it ...really nice tho
don't know what all the manky junk on top of it tho:rolleyes: ;)

Blingkity blingk....blingkity blingk awesome internals dude:cool: :cool:

Davey 11th July 2012 03:55 PM

Ooooh, can I play please?

Nice bench full of internal bling the Rob. Its got to be 17 years or so since I did a proper engine rebuild, last ones I worked on were Detroit diesel 2 stroke 6V53 lumps (6 cylinder, V format, 53 cubic inch per cylinder) for military use. I used to love engine building, the attention to detail is second in importance only to operating room cleanliness. That should make your Titanic build go well, pity about the terminal understeer that engine will induce:D (kidding of course;) ).

D.

wylliezx9r 11th July 2012 09:41 PM

Robo, your car is going to go like stink :eek: Hope you've got thick underpants !