Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LIMITED OFFER: Roadster Chassis £645 inc. VAT (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1662)

clydeautomarine 11th March 2009 01:10 AM

LIMITED OFFER: Roadster Chassis £645 inc. VAT

LIMITED OFFER: Haynes Roadster chassis - £645.00 inc VAT

That's right folks, as you may have seen on Locostbuilders we're now building Haynes Roadster chassis' and offering them at a highly competitive, credit-crunching £645.00 inc. VAT.

These chassis' are TIG welded to the very highest standards and accuracy on a steel production jig table, by professional, coded welders.

Part-finished:

Rear end work in progress:

You cannot get quality like this for this price! Which is why it's a limited, introductory offer so get in quick.

This price will apply to the first 20 orders received with deposits (30%).

Look out for our other offers on suspension and GRP components.

drury318 11th March 2009 11:42 AM

Before you go any further I think you may have one of the tubes in the wrong place?? One of the uprights??

clydeautomarine 11th March 2009 12:05 PM

Could you kindly point it out, please?

Thanks,
Steve.

deezee 11th March 2009 12:11 PM

I'm guessing he's referring to the one that makes up the drivers footwell. The two uprights are in different positions, as the drivers footwell is a little wider for the pedal box.

I don't have the book to hand, so I don't know the tube name.

EDIT: I added the photo of my chassis for clarity. Both items circled

clydeautomarine 11th March 2009 12:33 PM

Yep, we moved that. The photo's an early one; the chassis should be 99% complete by Sunday (15/03/09) so there will an updated photo of it posted at that point (with all the detrious cleared from the jig table!).

Thanks,
Steve.

mark smith 12th March 2009 08:19 PM

it might sounds stupid but if you are trying to sell these as top quality, shouldn't you make sure everything is right before you put up a post

Bonzo 12th March 2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark smith (Post 11916)
it might sounds stupid but if you are trying to sell these as top quality, shouldn't you make sure everything is right before you put up a post

Agreed. ;)

A good tidy up in the production area would portray a more professional image too :confused:

Kettle calling the pot black. Yes for shure. My working environment is an absolute pig sty. :o

On the other hand, I am not offering my services to paying customers. ;)

MightyMouth 12th March 2009 08:58 PM

If you would have posted this 2 weeks ago you would have had an order from me. Maybe on my second car. :)

clydeautomarine 12th March 2009 09:21 PM

Well, we got slated for NOT having a photo so I guess we can't win.

I'm happy to let the quality of our product do the talking and a lot less concerned about a brief snap-shot of a busy workshop.

Spikehaus 12th March 2009 10:04 PM

Ha Ha,

We are an eclectic bunch and small community on the Haynes Forum, unlike the Locost site. I bet if we put all the finished Haynes Roadsters in one place we may be hard pushed to fill a the Torpoint Ferry and still have room to play 5 a side football! LOL

Good luck breaking into the market, but you have some stiff competition! Sure a few of us have been looked after by 3g