Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Running gear (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   rear uprights for sale (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3082)

georgenewman1 16th November 2009 04:28 PM

rear uprights for sale

hi guys anyone want to buy a set of gts's rear uprights, they are not exactly to book spec but i have taken this up with him and am assured that they will work fine. paid about £100 but open to sensible offers, cheers :)

georgenewman1 16th November 2009 04:30 PM

plus postage

RAYLEE29 16th November 2009 04:41 PM

Hi, it might be an idea to let people know exacatly how or why they are incorrect then they can make an offer
Ray:)

georgenewman1 16th November 2009 04:51 PM

the tube is smaller than specified in the book so the holes bottom out on it, but i have been told that many people have used them, i ended up with 2 sets thats y i didnt use them, il try and get some pics up soon

londonsean69 16th November 2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgenewman1 (Post 25125)
hi guys anyone want to buy a set of gts's rear uprights,

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgenewman1 (Post 25130)
but i have been told that many people have used them

Did Darren tell you this?? Because if so then I would strongly suggest putting up a set of pics, with a load of dimensions on them.

He will say anything to make a sale:mad:

georgenewman1 16th November 2009 05:07 PM

ye did have a bit of a dispute and only got half the order to, but got the cash back on the missing stuff in the end

NEroadster 18th November 2009 01:44 PM

Which Tube is too small, I think we need a bit more information

georgenewman1 18th November 2009 04:35 PM

its the 5" dia. tube it actually falls rite in the middle of the pcd of the bolt holes, sorry im between two houses at the moment so cant get tot he parts but il take pics and measurments when i get home, cheers guys

fabbyglass 18th November 2009 06:30 PM

Sounds like the ends are being used from the de dion tube.......now I made that for GTS about 6 years ago even though he will suggest otherwise...:D
There should be some cut outs in the 5" dia tube to allow the bolts to miss the tube.

fabbyglass 18th November 2009 06:34 PM

It was done to cut weight as the bigger tube weighed a ton, in fact I made few by rolling 3milly plate instead of buying in huge heavy gauge tube but that got a bit of a ball ache so went for the heavier tube.......:D :D

georgenewman1 12th December 2009 10:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
these are the pics of the uprights. enjoy!! :)

AshG 12th December 2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgenewman1 (Post 26875)
these are the pics of the uprights. enjoy!! :)

sorry this has to be said

those are shocking. i would be banging his door down to get my money back rather than trying to sell them on to some other poor forum member/builder.

georgenewman1 13th December 2009 12:00 AM

they were my exact thoughts but he totlay denied they were sub quality and just said that they were used by loads of other people so i assumed they were ok, tried to go throught the credit cardcompany but they said i needed an engineers report but i was away so couldnt get it done ut he still insists their good, anyway if anyone could use them for anythin there there for the takin, has anyone else had any bad run ins with this guy or wot, the body work was all crap too to be honest and i only got half the stuff in the end. lukily i managed to get the cash back for the missin stuff.

ozzy1 13th December 2009 12:43 AM

Maybe you could use them as a paperweight:D ,a bloody ugly one!!
They are bad ,our apprentices can weld better than that.I think gts have been mentioned a few times on here for poor quality goods and also items not arriving even though paid for.Maybe a good warning to all, stick with companies recommended by others.

AshG 13th December 2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy1 (Post 26891)
Maybe you could use them as a paperweight:D ,a bloody ugly one!!
They are bad ,our apprentices can weld better than that.I think gts have been mentioned a few times on here for poor quality goods and also items not arriving even though paid for.Maybe a good warning to all, stick with companies recommended by others.

maby we should all group together and go to watch dog with an example of gts stuff compared to correctly made stuff. unfortunatly its not the first time he has ripped people off and it wont be the last. i think stevie wonder could make something better than those

dogwood 13th December 2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgenewman1 (Post 25130)
i ended up with 2 sets thats y i didnt use them,

Sorry Mate,
But please tell me you didn't get 2 sets of these, and use the others.....

They are beond Cr*P... Half the welds are missing. which is probably a good thing..:mad: Because the ones that are There are rubbish !!!!

Sorry mate but the best thing you can do is bin them...

David

Bonzo 13th December 2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 26888)
sorry this has to be said

those are shocking. i would be banging his door down to get my money back rather than trying to sell them on to some other poor forum member/builder.

I must agree with you there Ash

How the hell GTS is still trading is a mystery to me :confused: :confused:

So, so many bad things are there for all to see on a number of public forums.....Yet, he still find customers :eek:

Just shows the power of the thought of saving a couple of £'s

----------------------------------------------------

I do not have a huge budget for my build and yes, each and every penny I spend has to be scraped together but quality over price must rule the day, even if it means wating that little bit longer ;)

Talonmotorsport 13th December 2009 11:27 AM

I've just turned the laptop round to show the good lady wife the pics of those uprights and she has just said 'if you ever produce any thing like that it's time to stop making things to sell to other people!'

fabbyglass 13th December 2009 04:25 PM

Trouble is folk believe all that former F1 stuff, ask yourself this: If you had a job within F1 would you give it up to mess with mickey mouse kit cars?

AshG 13th December 2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbyglass (Post 26930)
Trouble is folk believe all that former F1 stuff, ask yourself this: If you had a job within F1 would you give it up to mess with mickey mouse kit cars?

im sure he made a cracking cup of tea for the f1 boys until they caught hin pinching parts.

little lesson to all. just because you can design f1 parts doesnt mean you have the skill to make them.

fabbyglass 13th December 2009 04:49 PM

The mags believed it too......suckers:D But there are a few who know better;)

TSM Locost 13th December 2009 05:55 PM

Cant trading standards do somthing to help the people that are being ripped off. Sale of goods, not safe to use. :(

Tatey 13th December 2009 06:26 PM

He'll need to have product liability insurance, or if he doesn't and his 'product' breaks during use and its proven that his workmanship was the blame then he's in for a world of bother with a massive lawsuit, but it really shouldn't come to that at all, does he not realise that he is potentially putting lives at risk with shoddy workmanship? :eek:

georgenewman1 13th December 2009 07:57 PM

na man, one of my mates had a set half made that hed started, i finished them off instead. when i got them i should have just sent them all streight back but tried to reason with him to no avail. by the time id thought to ring traidin standards and the credit card people it was too late as i was away, but they all wanted an independant person to write a report on the pieces before a 6 month deadline but the parts took 4 1/2 months to show up. the bloke is a twat i was just wonderin if anyone could use them to finish them properly or cut the sh*t out and start again with the bare plates.

on the other hand i ended up gettin the rear wings from triton, f*!k me sideways those lads do nice work,

i still got all the bodywork, craked scuttle, blotch out of shape nosecone, and the worst excuse for a set of front arches i thin k ive ever seen if anyone wants to have a look and put some sort of case together :(

fabbyglass 14th December 2009 07:28 PM

I know for a fact that liability insurance to cover companies involved with producing kit cars is approx 6k per year so my guess is not many bother;)

Tatey 14th December 2009 07:42 PM

Does anyone feel like putting these on their pride and joy, waiting until they fail and funding a duratec install from the following lawsuit :D :p

fabbyglass 14th December 2009 07:45 PM

You would be stuffed though if said firm had no insurance, as maybe the queue could be a long one.

Superloom 15th December 2009 09:32 AM

Gts

Hi Guys, Well i want to put some positive input into this discussion....
I am nearly finished building a Panther and Darren has been excellent to me, the Kit was a few days late but the quality was excellent. And whenever i've needed help or advice, he knows his stuff and has responded quickly.
So i don't know what i did different, i will upload a pic of my uprights....
Thanks

fabbyglass 15th December 2009 11:19 AM

It's not all bad but to send out uprights not finished and clearly a load of rusty rubbish isn't a good advert.

AshG 15th December 2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superloom (Post 27072)
Hi Guys, Well i want to put some positive input into this discussion....
I am nearly finished building a Panther and Darren has been excellent to me, the Kit was a few days late but the quality was excellent. And whenever i've needed help or advice, he knows his stuff and has responded quickly.
So i don't know what i did different, i will upload a pic of my uprights....
Thanks

superloom. regardless of your success the problem with darren is one day he sends out good stuff and the next day he sends out shit, some days he doesnt send anything at all.

show us some pictures of your car/parts as i am yet to see any good stuff.

as far as i am aware the only time good stuff come out of gts was when darren had skilled people working for him. he is now a one man band and doesnt give a toss about quality or the customer. this bloke has ruined many many peoples enjoyment of something that should be a fun relaxing hobby.

Superloom 15th December 2009 11:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Im just saying its not all bad, tried to attach some pics, hope it works... Can't find a pic of rear uprights at the mo, sorry

AshG 15th December 2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superloom (Post 27077)
Im just saying its not all bad, tried to attach some pics, hope it works... Can't find a pic of rear uprights at the mo, sorry

your right it doesnt look too bad. its just frusting that one day he will produce something good then another day he turns out complete crap.

if i was buying a kit i would put my money in the hands of someone that i can trust. ther reason why people like MK MNR etc have got such a fan base is the product is good and the customer service is fantastic.

some people want to make cars because they love it and making money from it is a bonus. others just make cars to make money.

Superloom 15th December 2009 12:46 PM

I agree 100% Ash, but i know lots of people who have had worst service from Mk etc..... Just the people who say they had problems on LCB, get shouted down by the 50 MK people....
I also agree that those uprights were shocking, but is there a story behind it... Did he offer you a rusty older pair for half the price.... Because normally there are stories behind it

teun 15th December 2009 01:31 PM

I did order some brakeline kits by Darren and they look great. So it is not al bad.

fabbyglass 15th December 2009 05:11 PM

some people want to make cars because they love it and making money from it is a bonus. others just make cars to make money.

Thing is if you don't make money it's a waste of time as we all have to eat.

fabbyglass 15th December 2009 06:16 PM

And the rubber button is....?:confused:

les g 15th December 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbyglass (Post 27092)
And the rubber button is....?:confused:

OK little fella ......have you been on the Guinness again...shame on you and so early in the day......

As for GTS i would not buy from him full stop....
good quality/bad quality who cares i cant afford to give my money away ....
i work too hard and there,s not enough left at the end of the month to take a chance on somebody with such a bad reputation
cheers les g;)

georgenewman1 15th December 2009 10:04 PM

to be fair they wernt rusty, they got left in the shed because they didnt seem worth lookin after :D

Bonzo 15th December 2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les g (Post 27108)
As for GTS i would not buy from him full stop....
good quality/bad quality who cares i cant afford to give my money away ....
i work too hard and there,s not enough left at the end of the month to take a chance on somebody with such a bad reputation
cheers les g;)

I'll second that motion Les :) :)

So many good suppliers out there..........Why take chances with your hard earned wonga :eek: