Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rosco's haynes Build (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13517)

flyerncle 27th October 2014 11:51 AM

Welcome to house of fun,save yourself some hassle and if you can find Ginetta G20 rear uprights they bolt straight on with calipers and discs no probs.

SeriesLandy 27th October 2014 01:39 PM

Looking good. Is the pedal box upright in the correct place? I'm sure I made that mistake when I made mine.

Rosco 27th October 2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thailoz (Post 99081)
Great progress well done

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 99082)
Nice one Rosco and welcome to the forum and yes that is pretty mean progress in a short space in time......on the road for next spring lol, looking forward to watching your build progress.

Haha, I hope so

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubzter (Post 99083)
great progress in such a short time, nice to see a scratch build as well.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 99084)
Welcome to house of fun,save yourself some hassle and if you can find Ginetta G20 rear uprights they bolt straight on with calipers and discs no probs.

Thanks will have a search

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriesLandy (Post 99085)
Looking good. Is the pedal box upright in the correct place? I'm sure I made that mistake when I made mine.

Yeah it was but I've moved it, thanks tho!

Rosco 28th October 2014 10:08 PM

A bit more done tonight, took my cad drawings down to the laser cutters after work, hopefully get some bits back for the weekend!

Also cut and turned to length the wishbone bush tubes, just got to bore them out to size, not sure if my little lathe will cope, might have to upgrade!






Rosco 30th October 2014 07:35 PM

Some more progress ready for a busy weekend

Made my wishbone end threaded tubes and got my laser cutting back, also I got the sheets cut out for the wishbones jigs so there nice and square








garyt 30th October 2014 08:07 PM

you're definitely not hangin around guess your going to bevery busy this weekend !!
keep up the good work

voucht 31st October 2014 05:31 PM

I'm also very impressed with the progress you've made in such a short time.
I like the laser cut parts, especially the one-piece steering rack support, and the one piece bent diff brackets (I have the same kind on my car).
Keep up the good work! Looks like your Raodster will be on the Road sometime in 2015 ?

Rosco 31st October 2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyt (Post 99093)
you're definitely not hangin around guess your going to bevery busy this weekend !!
keep up the good work

Your build seems to be moving on well too! Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by voucht (Post 99094)
I'm also very impressed with the progress you've made in such a short time.
I like the laser cut parts, especially the one-piece steering rack support, and the one piece bent diff brackets (I have the same kind on my car).
Keep up the good work! Looks like your Raodster will be on the Road sometime in 2015 ?

Thanks, yeah I had seen a few on the internet and thought they looked neater, I saved quite a bit on the price too as I drew them up my self!

Your car looks stunning by the way, one of the best I've seen!

Dualist 31st October 2014 08:37 PM

Nice work, at this rate you'll be done by christmas.

SeriesLandy 31st October 2014 08:40 PM

You seem to be blazing along. You'll be finished by next summer at this rate.
If you haven't already, make the plate that the steering column goes through from 3mm steel not the book 1mm. It's a real pita to change it after it's been fully welded on.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.