Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   log book for donor (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6655)

andyd87 21st June 2011 10:16 AM

log book for donor
Hi im new here and looking at starting a roadster in the near future and my plan is to use a duratec engine. I have read that for the IVA you need the registration document for the donor car the engine has ben taken out of but as i work in a Ford dismantlers the engine i intend to use is from a cat C write off so the log book would of been destroyed by the insurance company. Is it possible to get round this as i understand the only way to get a log book for a cat C is with a VIC which is now impossible as the shell and the rest of the car have gone.

thanks, andy

deezee 21st June 2011 11:21 AM

No log book is required for the engine. It can help if your trying to prove the age of the engine, but that doesn't matter with a Duratec as its Catalytic converter emissions test anyway.

andyd87 21st June 2011 03:28 PM

Thats brilliant thanks for the help im just trying to get everything straight in my head before i start anything.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.