Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HandyAndy (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12201)

irondoctor 14th December 2012 09:41 PM

HandyAndy

1 Attachment(s)
Hi to all
It is with sadness I make my first posts on this forum to ask for information on a fellow member.
In late September swapped Emails with Andy re-flat pack chassis, On Oct 1 ordered chassis, CP & wishbone brackets, and paid my money. When asked for an update Oct 23 got Email saying I have just got out of hospital after 8 days, will update you in a couple of days.
Spud69 put Andys car up for sale with a contact number on Nov 5, rang it and he said he had a few problems and needed a little more time. Since then no contact, I have Emailed, text & phoned to no avail.
Please could anyone in the know PM or Email me with an address for Andy and why no contact can be made.
Very much in the dark down here in Lincolnshire, and my build table is getting lonely without a chassis.!!!!

Kind Regards David

The V8 Files 14th December 2012 10:04 PM

David, drop spud a pm, I'm pretty sure he is in contact with Andy and to be honest I've been thinking over the last couple of days we haven't heard how he's doing for a little while.

Not sure if your aware but he lost his mum a while ago and he's not really managed to get back into things yet.

I've met him once and can only say I have 100% confidence you will get sorted.

twinturbo 14th December 2012 10:44 PM

likewise, met Handy a few times and he is a gent, but had a very rough year.

Spuds your best route.

TT

AshG 14th December 2012 11:29 PM

unfortunately andy has fallen on hard times, his mother that he had been caring for over the last couple of years passed away quite recently. last time i spoke to him he said he was on the mend but seemed pretty upset still (understandable) . im sure he wont run off with your money as he is straight as an arrow but there are a lot of very difficult circumstances around his mums passing that he has told me in strict confidence and it would be very unfair to broadcast them to all and sundry on the internet.

I will pass your message on to him

Talonmotorsport 15th December 2012 09:55 AM

I have been asked by another forum(s) member if I would step in and help supply a flat pack to help David (Irondoctor) start his build. As it is Christmas I will do this at cost if fellow members will donate to the cost of the materials as I can not currently cover this due to things being slow.

£40 Postage very kindly donated by Bruce aka The V8 Files

Only a mear £80 needed for materials donations of £10 would be nice so who else wants to do their good deed for the day as it's Christmas?

ayjay 15th December 2012 11:03 AM

Im in --how do I pay?(well done Phil);)

Bonzo 15th December 2012 11:16 AM

Great gesture of goodwill Phil.

Count me in for £25 :)

Drop me a message on either forum with the payment details & i'll sort it pronto. :)

Big Vern 15th December 2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondoctor (Post 86830)
Hi to all
It is with sadness I make my first posts on this forum to ask for information on a fellow member.
In late September swapped Emails with Andy re-flat pack chassis, On Oct 1 ordered chassis, CP & wishbone brackets, and paid my money. When asked for an update Oct 23 got Email saying I have just got out of hospital after 8 days, will update you in a couple of days.
Spud69 put Andys car up for sale with a contact number on Nov 5, rang it and he said he had a few problems and needed a little more time. Since then no contact, I have Emailed, text & phoned to no avail.
Please could anyone in the know PM or Email me with an address for Andy and why no contact can be made.
Very much in the dark down here in Lincolnshire, and my build table is getting lonely without a chassis.!!!!

Kind Regards David

That explains why I haven't heard anything

tkpm 15th December 2012 01:31 PM

I'll donate £25 as well.
Let us know how you want paying Phill
Terry

Talonmotorsport 15th December 2012 01:42 PM

Ask for £10 and get £25 donations well knock me down with a feather who says recession kills charity!

10 hours labour donated by me/Talon
£40 postage donated by Bruce aka Dad_of_seven/The V8 Files
£25 donated by Ronnie/Bonzo
£25 donated by Terry/tkpm
£25 donated by Adrian/Ajay

so all done then.

tkpm 15th December 2012 02:24 PM

What ever your short of for donation Phil, let me know, i'm more than happy to make up the short fall.

Terry

Bonzo 15th December 2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkpm (Post 86878)
What ever your short of for donation Phil, let me know, i'm more than happy to make up the short fall.

Terry

+ 1 here Terry :)

I'll split any shortfall with you. :)

Phil can get the ball rolling on the materials front. :cool:

alga 15th December 2012 04:01 PM

I've sent £10 to the same paypal account I used to pay for the mushrooms several years ago. I assume it hasn't changed?

The V8 Files 15th December 2012 06:08 PM

Phil, let me know payment details when your ready, I can do instant bank transfer or paypal, or most other things apart from cheque :)

Bruce

The V8 Files 15th December 2012 07:38 PM

Paypal sent Phil :)

Irondoctor, I wish you the best of luck with your build, pls post up lots of pics :)

If anyone chats with Andy, please pass on my regards and happy chrimbo to all :D

Bruce

voucht 15th December 2012 07:42 PM

I never met HandyAndy, but he has always been such a nice guy on the forum when he still was with us (and so helpful to many of us), that I'm glad to help to solve the problem with "irondoctor".
BTW, it is great initiative you took there Phil.
I'm in for 20 euros (about £15). Please let us know payment details.

Talonmotorsport 15th December 2012 08:24 PM

I can't take too much credit for organising this it was Bruces'/Dad of seven's idea to help David/Irondoctor out with a flat pack.

flyerncle 15th December 2012 08:40 PM

Pm some details Phil and I will donate.

I have known Andy for a few years and as others have said the man is dead straight and would not intentionally rip someone off,indeed the reverse is true and as Ash has said personal curcumstances prevail at this time,He will sort it.

Talonmotorsport 15th December 2012 09:02 PM

The cost of the chassis material,basic plates,suspension brackets and postage has been met through the generous donations by members of this forum. Thank you to all those that have donated to help a forum member start their build.

twinturbo 15th December 2012 11:28 PM

I will send £10 tomorrow if Phil PM's the details.

May I suggest that any surplus goes to a cancer charity of Phils choosing.

It's fantastic to see such spirit in the community, we seriously appreciate the input of Talon, Handy, Saturn, NTS and 3GE without whom the roadster would probably have remained a dream . For all it has caused gr8 stress but have battled on.

2012 has been a dark year, lets try and make 2013 a good un.

TT

p.s. been on the lash, so if this reads as sentimental drunken mush then I have an eggscuse ;)

The V8 Files 15th December 2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 86905)
I can't take too much credit for organising this it was Bruces'/Dad of seven's idea to help David/Irondoctor out with a flat pack.

Disclaimer: just got in form pub so screen slightly blurred and typing one fingered :confused:

Phil, while I may have made the initial suggestion you have run with it with the post and also offered up the man hours for cutting etc. my suggestion took minutes where as your offer of man hours takes and means a lot more :)

My reasons for suggesting it in the first instance were two fold,

1) Irondoctor gets his chassis and hopefully has some faith restored in the community spirit.

2) Andy has one less stress to worry about which hopefully gives him a little more personal space to deal with .. well everything he needs to deal with through an extremely difficult time.

Sorry I'm a little drunk but Phil you deserve the credit fair play to you to offer up your services :D

The V8 Files 15th December 2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 86908)
2012 has been a dark year, lets try and make 2013 a good un.

TT

Amen to that for both forums, Chrismas wishes to all from a drunken bunny :D

robo 16th December 2012 09:00 AM

Missed this one. Stick £25 in the pot from me phil towards some of your labour.

Bob

voucht 16th December 2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 86905)

OK, so thumb up for Do7 too.

Payment sent by Paypal Phil, should be with you in a few.
Bye.

irondoctor 16th December 2012 11:00 AM

Hi
Sorry for no reply yesterday, but I was overwhelmed by the response my post received.
What loyalty shown to Andy, a trusted and dedicated member of this forum.
Thank you Bruce as I read for the initiation of this generous move, and then the generosity of further members, but it must be a big thank you to Phil (talon) for his co-ordination of this project, and time and effort he will have to devote to cutting & dispatch.
Such generosity of spirit is truly overwhelming, my wife has just had to get the Kleenex out, as we both feel really touched by all your responses. Restores our faith in human nature.
Wishing all members a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
(exept the spammers)
Let us also wish Andy all our best at this low time in his year and hope 2013 brings an upturn in his problems, and he returns as helpful as ever to the forum
Regards David (irondoctor)

donor car 92 sierra GLX 8v DOHC

twinturbo 16th December 2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondoctor (Post 86920)

Thanks for the response,

You don't have a full set of exterior door/wing rubbing strips from the sierra do you. Missing the ones for mine. :rolleyes:

TT

The V8 Files 16th December 2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondoctor (Post 86920)
Hi
Sorry for no reply yesterday, but I was overwhelmed by the response my post received.
What loyalty shown to Andy, a trusted and dedicated member of this forum.
Thank you Bruce as I read for the initiation of this generous move, and then the generosity of further members, but it must be a big thank you to Phil (talon) for his co-ordination of this project, and time and effort he will have to devote to cutting & dispatch.
Such generosity of spirit is truly overwhelming, my wife has just had to get the Kleenex out, as we both feel really touched by all your responses. Restores our faith in human nature.
Wishing all members a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
(exept the spammers)
Let us also wish Andy all our best at this low time in his year and hope 2013 brings an upturn in his problems, and he returns as helpful as ever to the forum
Regards David (irondoctor)

Your more than welcome from me David, but really Phil is the man that made it happen. I certainly look forward to seeing your build :)

I'm also looking into flat packing it myself now :D

Bruce

irondoctor 17th December 2012 05:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi TT
right hand door strip was in poor condition, and I think the others are now irretrievable, went in works skip in September must be getting full now.

voucht 17th December 2012 05:14 PM

TT,
Do you want me to check if mine are OK? I still have the shell of my Sierra (92 CLX 2.0i DOHC). But shipment from Sweden to the UK is not cheap, so I don't know if it is worth it. Tell me if you're interested, and I can make pictures so you can check the condition in which it is.
Regards.

robo 17th December 2012 05:21 PM

These threads are brilliant. We have gone from someones plight to general discussion to a charity and fund raiser to scrap car spares:p :)

Does anyone here know how to get rid of japanese knot weed?:p

Bob

Talonmotorsport 17th December 2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo (Post 86996)
These threads are brilliant. We have gone from someones plight to general discussion to a charity and fund raiser to scrap car spares:p :)

Does anyone here know how to get rid of japanese knot weed?:p

Bob

I don't know how to get rid of it but I think I have a recipe here some where for knot weed soup...

flyerncle 17th December 2012 05:49 PM

Dont go to Japan.......:p

ayjay 17th December 2012 07:19 PM

Hi Bob
Theres a lot of old wives tales about JK .(It grows through concrete floors:D )
In my experience systemic weedkiller will do for it?
Eg roundup or even better the same stuff from Wilko for 1/3 the price.
Wait til its actively growing dont knock it down ,give it a good spraying. youll find that the main growth will die back in a few weeks. If you see(and you probably will) new young growth zap it again (dont chop it up).If you keep zapping it with the WK it eventually sends up the white flag.

irondoctor 1st February 2013 08:38 PM

Hi all
Thank you very much Phil (talon) for your time and effort to get me started on my build with this incredible chassis donation from forum members, Thanks to all members who contributed.
I have made a start today, got all the base rails fastened in place on the table and made a front frame jig.

David

tkpm 1st February 2013 10:19 PM

All the thanks we need are pictures and lots of them...:D

Terry

The V8 Files 1st February 2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkpm (Post 88294)
All the thanks we need are pictures and lots of them...:D

Terry

Ditto that :) :) :)

Nickswales 2nd February 2013 11:07 PM

I'm absolutely loving these posts. Can't believe how generous every one has been in these hard time.
Let's hope we all have a good year.

Oscar 4th February 2013 12:28 PM

How is it that I have only just seen this thread?!?

This sort of charity helps restore some confidence in the decency of man, heres hoping a great roadster springs forth as a result.

I'll be watching the build closely Irondoctor, and yes, photos! Lots and lots of photos!!

Not Anumber 4th February 2013 08:50 PM

I think this is really superb. Ive only just seen this thread and am really impressed by the kindness thats been shown here.