Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DVLA letter (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13201)

K4KEV 8th March 2014 12:30 PM

DVLA letter

Can anyone shed any light on this for me.....below is a letter I received this morning regarding my registrationand it has me confused as I have not come across this before.
has anyone else had this?....got me bluddy wound up

Davidbolam 8th March 2014 01:54 PM

There is a post somewhere on here with a telephone number of a lady at Swansea who deals with the kit car registrations. I would call her direct. The letter doesn't make much sense (unless you know the jargon).

David

PorkChop 8th March 2014 01:57 PM

Hmm...'notification of vehicle arrival'... do the DVLA think you are importing the car for some reason?

Are you also trying to get a personal plate on your Roadster? That's what the V317 form is for.

K4KEV 8th March 2014 02:08 PM

yeah Dave ....I have her No (Donna Kennet) but not sure if she deals with actual registrations as opposed to chassis No's
PC yes I know it is a reg transfer form (£80....no chance) I am after an age related plate but as usual we have numpties dealing with areas they have not been trained for....think I might have to give them a bell on Mon

PorkChop 8th March 2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 96155)
yeah Dave ....I have her No (Donna Kennet) but not sure if she deals with actual registrations as opposed to chassis No's
PC yes I know it is a reg transfer form (£80....no chance) I am after an age related plate but as usual we have numpties dealing with areas they have not been trained for....think I might have to give them a bell on Mon

Looks like someone at Swansea got very confused....

I reckon giving Donna a ring would be your best first step, hope it gets sorted out soon. I need to start dealing with the DVLA shortly too.

TheArf 8th March 2014 05:46 PM

Sorry to hi-jack your thread but anyone seeking just a vin number I advise you send it by recorded delivery, I sent mine six weeks ago, phoned them up on thursday they have no record of my application so have to re-submit but they have given me an email address of a guy that will be handling my case from now on. Oh and just to rub salt into the wound their computers were going down on Thursday night until Monday so no point sending it before Monday.

Arfon

progress

K4KEV 10th March 2014 01:13 PM

Have just rang Donna at dvla and it seems that some one mucked up so she just said mail it back to her and she will sort it., so chin back up now but two weeks lost ....however a months tax gained as I had initially said start it from this month, but now start from April.....tickety boo for now.

flyerncle 10th March 2014 01:27 PM

Better news,so much for Government saving money by doing everything a Swansea, and they have not got a clue

skov 10th March 2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 96195)
Better news,so much for Government saving money by doing everything a Swansea, and they have not got a clue

At least we don't have the postcode lottery of whether the local office was any good or not. We all get equally crap service now :D

K4KEV 10th March 2014 02:00 PM

I forgot to mention....when you apply for registration.... address the letter to
MASET
F.D4
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1ZZ
That came straight from Donna.