Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Completed cars - the list returns! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2684)

slimtater 3rd September 2009 06:28 PM

Completed cars - the list returns!

Hello All,
For those who remember, before the forum was attacked (and before my rather long holiday), I set up a thread to list and detail the completed Haynes Roadsters. I also purchased numbered plaques and these would be available to all those with a completed car for a very small sum.
Due to the fact that I cleared my PMs before my holiday, I don't have all the information about the list, completed cars and plaques. Therefore, I am going to have to start from scratch and would appreciate it if anyone can remember any details. I recall saying the first 5 plaques would be FOC and the rest about £2 inc P&P. The first 10 plaques are gold coloured and the rest are silver - I will try and post a picture up ASAP.
It was felt that registration date was the best point to record the completion date as SVA/IVA test pass date may not apply to some cars around the world. In the case of a car not being registered for road use, then perhaps some proof of it being used (like Longerr did with the sprint event).
So if you can help then please post the details and I will try and bring things back up to date. A picture of your car along with a brief spec will help with progress of the thread as well.
Here goes......

001-Chris G-The Book Car-????
002-slimtater(macdave69)-Fireblade powered-25/10/07
003-Frankie boy-2.1 Pinto-20/08/08
004-Dogwood-1.8 Pinto-1/2/09
005-Spud69-
006-Longerr-BMW 1.8-1/6/09
007-Neil P-Toyota 4AGE-4/9/09
008-AdrianH-1.8 CVH-26/11/09
009-AshG-TBC
010-Tilly819-Blackbird powered-25/3/10
011-7ishNZ-R1 powered-26/3/10
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
013-drury318-White with Zetec-?/5/10

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/attac...9&d=1245345102

I think the first five now appear to be undisputed - unless anyone out there knows otherwise?!?
I plan to send these out at the end of 2009 so if you want one, PM me the details and will perhaps use Stoneleigh 2010 as the date to start issuing the next batch.

Neil P 3rd September 2009 11:02 PM

Was it not part of this thread? http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140&page=3&highlight=completed+c ars

I think I may never get registered, DVLA are really starting to hack me off now, it's been seven weeks since my SVA and still I haven't got it on the road.

Neil

slimtater 4th September 2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil P (Post 21257)
Was it not part of this thread? http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140&page=3&highlight=completed+c ars

I think I may never get registered, DVLA are really starting to hack me off now, it's been seven weeks since my SVA and still I haven't got it on the road.

Neil

It was started as a result of that thread - that was a poll to establish how many cars were being built or planned. The completed car list was the numerical record of those "finished". It sounds like you could be in the top 10 though - well done.

frankie boy 4th September 2009 10:42 PM

HI
My car past SVA on 31st July 2008:D but took till 20th August 2008 to get my plates.:(
It has a 2.1 pinto with twin 40 DCOM Weber carbs:D I cant remember his name but I think there was one car be for me. It didn’t pass first time but had a quick retest.:confused:

dogwood 7th September 2009 10:35 PM

Hi Guys,
Just to add mine.

1800 Pinto at the moment.
But going to do a major overhaul over the winter.
Probably still be a Pinto though,

David

drury318 7th September 2009 10:46 PM

Sorry to butt in, but can I ask Frankieboy what colour code your car is?, it looks really well, Thanks, Dennis.

slimtater 4th October 2009 09:31 PM

Any more out there? I am sure there are more than 6 finished. I want to make sure nobody misses out!

Neil P 4th October 2009 11:05 PM

Mine's on the road!:D

16V Toyota 4AGE engine on MT75 gearbox. I'm on my second engine already, apparently they rev to 7800 but not to a bit over 8000:o

Passed SVA on 15th July at 2nd attempt. Got an age related plate, registered and on the road after much to-ing and fro-ing with DVLA on 4th September.

Neil

spalders 5th October 2009 07:38 PM

Hi Neil,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but how did you get an age related plate?! Did you 'fit' the 4age into the donor - presuming you used the Sierra. I'm interested as I also have a 4age + Sierra donor and am keen to go for an age related plate. I'm planing to use a Type 9 box though.

Spalders

Neil P 6th October 2009 10:00 PM

There are sufficient points if you show you have used all of the parts other than the engine.

Rear axle (Diff, drive shafts, brakes), gearbox, front hubs etc and Steering column all count. You then get five points for a new chassis.
The DVLA wanted proof they were all from the same source and that the chassis was new.

I took them build photo's of the donor being dismantled, the bits being assembled onto the new chassis, Photo's of the chassis being built and receipts for the steel. They took seven weeks to decide but this was their decision to issue, I told them I wasn't that bothered, really.

Neil

spalders 7th October 2009 11:52 PM

Hi Neil
That's really interesting - my build would be the same but I am using a type 9 box from another (unknown) donor. Do you know how the points add up?

Sorry to read youv'e blown one engine already - I chose the 4AGE as it is such a light compact unit with a bomb proof reputation. I'll keep it down to 7500 rpm!

Cheers

Spalders

axle 10th November 2009 03:00 PM

Hi Neil
So what was the outcome, what reg did you get?

slimtater 15th November 2009 06:22 PM

First post updated!

Neil P 16th November 2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Hi Neil
So what was the outcome, what reg did you get?
Age related in the end. They don't rush though!

Neil

Neil P 1st December 2009 11:48 PM

Hi Slim, do you already have the build plaques made up?

If so, would you be able to send me number 7 for me to put on my car, please? Or will that get me into trouble?

Let me have your details and I'll sort out the costs.

Cheers
Neil

slimtater 2nd December 2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil P (Post 26238)
Hi Slim, do you already have the build plaques made up?

If so, would you be able to send me number 7 for me to put on my car, please? Or will that get me into trouble?

Let me have your details and I'll sort out the costs.

Cheers
Neil

Yes, I have them already made - I was trying to wait a bit as per the first post before sending them out. Must admit I am a little surprised and disappointed by a bit of a lack of response!

HandyAndy 2nd December 2009 08:08 PM

i think this plaque is a great idea, Slim you can be sure that as soon as my car is finished & passed IVA i,ll be in touch double quick to request a plaque............. not sure what number it,ll be tho :eek: :D

cheers
andy:)

dogwood 2nd December 2009 08:22 PM

I want mine....wanit,wanit,wanit....:D

Just didnt want to seem pushy...

David

mark 2nd December 2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 26278)
i think this plaque is a great idea, Slim you can be sure that as soon as my car is finished & passed IVA i,ll be in touch double quick to request a plaque............. not sure what number it,ll be tho :eek: :D

cheers
andy:)

It will be the number after mine :p

HandyAndy 2nd December 2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 26281)
It will be the number after mine :p

i think at the speed you are going mine will be a FEW numbers later than yours :eek: :o

andy

slimtater 2nd December 2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogwood (Post 26280)
I want mine....wanit,wanit,wanit....:D

Just didnt want to seem pushy...

David

Got all your info ready to send it!

slimtater 2nd December 2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 26282)
i think at the speed you are going mine will be a FEW numbers later than yours :eek: :o

andy

Gold ones are running out!

dogwood 3rd December 2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimtater (Post 26284)
Got all your info ready to send it!

Cool...:cool:

Cheers mate, David

Russ_16v 14th March 2010 12:57 PM

How many completed car's do we have?

slimtater 14th March 2010 06:59 PM

According to my list, 8 but soon to be 10 following Ash's pass and Tilly's imminent retest.

Despite the forthcoming sale of mine, I am happy to continue doing the plaques and intend bringing some to Stoneleigh.

HandyAndy 14th March 2010 08:59 PM

Nice one Slim........ looks like i,ll be having a silver one after all :o :rolleyes: :D

well done to the newly completed cars , lets hope they are all at stoneleigh.

cheers
andy

bobbyh 14th March 2010 09:23 PM

i am hoping to be at stoneleigh this yr and will try my best to find you guys this year i tried to find you 2 years ago but i could not.

AshG 14th March 2010 09:30 PM

just remembered about this thread i guess i should claim no9 :D gold badge for me then :D

slimtater 26th March 2010 07:14 PM

I have updated the list and apologise for not getting these posted out.
If people are happy with me bringing them to Stoneleigh, I will stick with that plan. If not (and for those overseas) I will post out.

twinturbo 27th March 2010 09:31 AM

Put me down for something in the mid 20's

TT

slimtater 3rd May 2010 10:15 PM

Well that is most of the plaques given out - just have 006 (Longerr), 007 (Neil P) and 011 (7ishNZ) to pass on from those allocated so far. Sorry I didn't see you AshG but Handy was going to pass yours on.
Please let me know if you want yours sending if you are one of the three above. I am happy to keep this going (at least up to number 040) unless anyone has any objections? Think I volunteered myself to be the registrar of the new club!! :cool:

slimtater 3rd May 2010 10:24 PM

No problem - hope the plaque is ok.

It is the T350 which is essentially the predecessor to the Sagaris.
3.6 straight six, 350bhp, 1180kgs, no ABS, traction control etc!
I am hoping to do the odd event but on tracks with bigger run-offs!! :D

dogwood 4th May 2010 12:02 AM

Yea Slim thanks for my plaque as well
Chuffed to bits with it.

Sorry didn't get to thank you propper at the show.
I got dragged away....:rolleyes:
think someone was getting bored with all my nattering..

slimtater 11th May 2010 07:02 PM

List updated - would be nice to see some pics of cars with the plaque on!

PaulFisher 16th May 2010 11:29 AM

Slimtater - just took a look at you're roadster photos - looks immaculate...

phil clegg 22nd September 2010 10:06 PM

on the road

mine now taxed and tested,alfa 3.0 v6

7ishNZ 1st October 2010 09:20 PM

If you PM me your address, I will post you a few quid to cover costs to post to NZ. Thanks.

gus 4th October 2010 05:56 PM

Hi all.

Thought I would let you know that my car passed IVA retest today just before 1pm. Straight down to Exeter DVLA with cert & came away with age related 'J' plate.

Sent all paperwork off about 6 weeks ago. DVLA didn't want to inspect my car as they said there had been a new instruction from head office saying that an IVA cert was adequate proof of engine & chassis numbers being checked. Ideal as I didn't have to hire a trailer to get the car to them.

This means I will now be able to drive the car to Exeter to put it on the 3ge stand later in the month.

Going to put plates on & go for a blast tonight.

Spec:- 1.8cvh type 9 gearbox - iva & registered 04/10/10 - 2 years to the month from buying the book.

Cheers

Gus

3GE Components 4th October 2010 06:11 PM

Excellent news Gus,

I bet your chuffed to bits.

Kind regards

John

gus 4th October 2010 06:16 PM

John,

The reassuring thing was watching a mega money GT40 fail iva before my retest. Proves even if you spend a fortune you are not certain of a pass.

Harsh I know on the other guy, but proves what an acheivement it is to build a car from scratch at home in the garage.

Gus